Miniature Fans (that work well for hanging on bunny cages!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kherrmann3

Reaction score
Hello!

I found some miniature desk fans at Wal*Mart for $7. I recall some people being concerned about their bunnies getting overheated during the warm weather, so I figured I would share. Here are some of the "highlights" of these mini-fans...

They are less than 6" and round. I will probably get the exact dimensions and pictures later.

The stand that they have is shaped so that you can hang the fan over the side of something (like a cubicle). I found that they hang on the rabbit's pens quite nicely.

Since they are small, you wouldn't have to worry about the whole pen getting a breeze.

They are pretty powerful, too. Will and I were standing in front of the "fan section" of Wal*Mart. We were looking for a fan that was small and cheap, yet had good air flow. These were the cheapest ones, and they had pretty good airflow. They have a semi-loud "fan" noise, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It doesn't phase by rabbits at all.

Personally, I love them. I just thought I would share my find with the rest of the class. ;)

They were at the Wal*Mart in Waukesha, Wisconsin, but since Wal*Marts carry a lot of the same items from state-to-state, they might be by you, too! :)

Ooh! I will definitely have to check then next time I'm in Wal*Mart (hopefully soon as I need to pick something else up).

Right now in the shed we just have a large box fan; depending on how hot it gets, we usually have it on low or medium; sometimes high.

Emily

:) I'm glad someone found this info useful! :) I looked at the box, and they are 4" fans. They only come in black, silver, red and (maybe) blue. I can't remember the name, though. I will have to find the box. I looked at it yesterday, but the name escapes me...

Hehe, I bet it's the same fan I have right now on my desk.
They give a good push to the air and are not very loud at all.
The brand is Massey (yes, I was looking for a cheap one too when the weather started to warm up here).

I use that same fan on my desk at work and it works great. I never thought about using it on a cage but I bet it would work very well.

Thanks for sharing :)

Back