Mini Rex Litter had Arrived!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:sosad

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your kits...

Denise

Thanks everyone-I am more sorry for the poor mama. Even though I think she wasn't feeding them, she was still very attentive and quite worried when I took the next box out. I let her see her babies before I removed them. Poor mama :(

minirexmama wrote:
Thanks everyone-I am more sorry for the poor mama. Even though I think she wasn't feeding them, she was still very attentive and quite worried when I took the next box out. I let her see her babies before I removed them. Poor mama :(
Oh, bless her heart.

You probably know this, since you breed, but I will mention it anyway: If she continues to be anxious or has a hard time coping with the loss of herkits, the best thing you can do for her is rebreed her, and soon! I know some breeders prefer to wait a bit (days, weeks), but in these cases, if Mama is in good health but "grieving", it's probably less stressful to her to have those pregnancy hormones flowing again.She hasn't had to provide the milk for the babies, soshe is probably still pretty strong physically, and of course you'd take excellent care of her while she is pregnant again. Good luck to you, and give the Mama a nose rub for me!

Oh no. I am so sorry.

Poor babies and mama bun.

So sorry you lost the litter. :( I'd breed her back right away, if she is in good condition. She is most fertile 24-48 hours after kinding, but I'm sure she's still ready now.

Latest posts

Back