Mini rex herd critique

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
This is my first attempt posing and the first time the younger ones have been posed so I apologize for some less than (by alot) perfect pics. I would be interested in comments about how to pose them better. The broken blue especially was really tense and would not pose on a smooth surface without letting her feet slide out so she was laying flat on her belly. Which is why I tried cardboard and then a blanket.

This is Aki a broken castor buck and Yukiko, a broken blue doe. Both 3months.

SANY2239.jpg

SANY2241.jpg

SANY2243.jpg

SANY2250.jpg

Amako a 6month old broken castor doe. She kept trying to go forward and ended up scrunched a little backward.

SANY2252.jpg

SANY2253.jpg

Twix a 1 year chocolate doe. Both chocolates were really sun bleached when I got them a month ago and are now molting.

SANY2245.jpg

SANY2244.jpg

SANY2246.jpg

Mocha a 2.5 year chocolate buck. With a little chocolate patch that is what I have brushed out so far. I think I got enough hair for another rabbit today and he's only about half brushed.

SANY2255.jpg

SANY2256.jpg

They look to be quite long in body & midsection. Ears are quite long, and don't balance out with the depth to their body, which they lack. They look a bit undercut in the HQ, low in the shoulders, and pinched in the HQ as well.

The rabbit in the 3rd & 4th pictures (broken blue orbroken opal?)looks like it has nice shoulders, nice round topline & HQ. Ears a bit long looking, but the depth on this rabbit is much better compared to the others. This one is my fave. She could be a bit more compact, but I think in the view of her from the top, it looks like maybe she's pulling away from you, so that's why she looks long?

Amako, Twix and Mocha aren't posed properly - but they look quite long, and low in the shoulders.

How is their fur? Is it dense, and does it have a goodtexture?

Emily

You should get a small piece of carpet to pose them on. They do not like smooth surfaces.

The broken castors look like they have too much color to be shown. I like the broken blue the best out of them but she could use more depth. The chocs are very long in the shoulder.

Hi, it's hard to type them when they arent posed the best. But next time, try using a carpet, and try to get the tip of the front toe lined up with the eye, and the hind foot lined up with the hip. And if they squirm and fight the pose, just keep practicing and they'll get used to it :)

A bit surprising since the chocolates are the only ones from lines that have been shown. Mocha is from Mccabe rabbits and all his grandparents have a G.C. #. Twix also has 5 with GC and 6 with legs, including her sire, in her pedigree.

The youngest ones, Aki and Yukiko, are from a breeder with no rabbitry name and no show record.

Amako is from a one time breeding done by someone who was mostly interested in just having pets.

You'd think they'd go in that order of quaility but the chocolates did feel really long when I tried to put them in position. However they have really nice coats (before they started molting) and are considerably heavier than the others but that may be age filling them out more.

The castor buck I do not like and have not decided what I'm going to do about that. Overall I don't like the castors but the doe is the cutest thing I've ever seen and my first rabbit so she's staying.

The broken blue surprised me. When I got the castor buck I saw his siblings and decided on a whim to get that doe. They were only 6 weeks and I didn't see the parents so it was a gamble. They are both have very long ears measuring right at 3 1/2" but she felt the most round and balanced when I was posing them. She just would not relax and did not want to put her head down low. I may go look for a buck that balances out the blue and chocolate does well. Plus I want to keep the best doe from Mocha x Twix's litter which should be chocolate and chocolate himi.

Latest posts

Back