mini rex critique

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwilds

Reaction score
This is one of my babies that I am thinking of keeping. He is 10 weeks old. I am interested in some opinions on him. I am very new to mini rex and learning so I wanted to see if the things I see in this buck are correct or if I am still way off base. Hopefully the pictures are posed ok. He is getting pretty good at posing but I still need practice!

In the top view picture - does he have what you would call "pinched hindquarters?" Or is it just a lack of conditioning? He has good weight but in my opinion could be a bit more round. They are weaned now and he will have a cage of his own so I can moniter his feed more closely.

As far as his fur - it seems pretty good to me but he is still pretty young. I still haven't seen a mini rex with fur quite as nice as my "pet" mini rex!

wildskw01.jpg

Karin

He is gorgeous I am new to the Mini Rex's also I'm gonna have to take Ollie outside and take some pics inside one seem to dark without flash to bright with.

Even though he is a little overposed he has tremendous depth of body and what seems to be good shoulders to match the depth. His width is good but his loin seems to be a pinched. It could be from lack of condition or if he is pushing against you when you are posing him. He does look pinched in the lower HQ as well. Usually they won't grow out of that. He has very nice color and markings. How much does he weigh.

Latest posts

Back