mini pumpkin safe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
ok, i'm a whole foods bunny mom and i keep seeing all the mini pumpkins and thinking how much fun Jamie would have eating it. so is it safe for him? i don't want to hurt him, but i think it'd be great fun for him to tear into it:biggrin2:

thx

That's a good question! I'd like to know the answer, too. Elf would probably have fun with one, as well. :) I'll see if I can find anything in the approved foods lists, and hopefully someone who knows will jump on and answer the question, too. :)

Minda

so maybe cut it in half? are the seeds ok for him?

I have been curious about this too! I would love to get some pumpkins for my bunnies to chew on, but I was just wondering what parts are ok for them to eat? It seems somewhere I heard they can only have the actual pumpkin part, and not the seeds/slimy junk inside the actual pumpkin, is that right?

Emily

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
I have been curious about this too! I would love to get some pumpkins for my bunnies to chew on, but I was just wondering what parts are ok for them to eat? It seems somewhere I heard they can only have the actual pumpkin part, and not the seeds/slimy junk inside the actual pumpkin, is that right?

Emily
:bump

I have given my guys those tiny little pumpkins whole before and just let them nibble on it for a few days. Ruby will bite into it, and nibble at the skin.

Latest posts

Back