Mini Lops New Style or Old Style Type Wise

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half-Pint

Reaction score
Hi all, Ok i have some questions reguarding thechanging in mini lop types ive noticed that...after i started breedingi had stock that would be massive over weight alot of times and not dueto being over fed that was just them mind you and they had big blockyhead like a bull mastiff but lately ive been seeing fine boned minilops with kinda long faces and huge crowns...their type is smaller tooalmost like a basket ball with a head is this going to affect anychanges in arba in the future Im just curious because as of right now ihave some big blockheads still and some of the newer looking types...

Shannon

I think you'll find that type can vary a lot byregion and local breeder interpretation. The nationalpublications and their guidebooks give the best representation ofdesired type. You'll find these regional differences in mostbreeds.

As you know, the fine boned, narrow heads are not what is described inthe standard, however, some of these animals may have betterdepth. Sometimes the animals with the fantastic heads aren'talways very strong in body type.

If you have both types in your barn -- breed them together to balanceout the type. The bolder heads to the deeper bodies.

Pam

That is what I thought was a good idea I didthat once and got half-pint shes a nice animal im just not impressedwith her ears they are short and a little pointy but she throws nicebabies and she does ok on the show table. Im just baffled howit went from massiveness to finebonedness and I agree on the regionalthing. THe ones that i have that are big headed do have nicetype this one in particular Sara she is just huge but she has nicedepth width and a nice head she is just large lol. Gypsy hasher over at her place for the night im also trying to figure out whatcolor she is...her papers say fawn but she dont look fawn to me shedoesnt have white on the inside of her nose at least from what i cantell lol. She came out of a buck that i owned for a long timeone of his daughters is her mother so the bigness carried on im moreprone towards the massive animals.

Shannon

no,no no,no im not posting pictures ofme lol,I WillPost Pictures of SARAtho LOL .

Sara is fawn looking but has adarker almost slate Ticking covering herouter hair , She is a Stunning girl , I willgetPictures as soonas I slurp downa coffee .

"Gypsy has her over at her place for the night im also trying to figure out what color she is . . ."

Opps! Sorry LOL The pronoun didn't have a antecedent and I misread it.

We can post photos of Gypsy to try to determine her color (and even her breed) -- but I was referring to the rabbit. :p

Pam

Well at least I haveMy Show Tattoo , Itmay not be in my ear but thereeverywhere else ,

Lets see asfor Breed and color ,hmmmmmm I am a Mix breed , alittle French a little German ,a little indian justfor good measure ,

Color : Pasty pale , when keptindoors for too long , whenleft outside a chrispyred that will eventuallyturngolden brown , especially whenover cooked .

:laugh:

Hee hee. You girls crack me up!

What makes a "Mini" Lop weigh eleven pounds? My Snuggy isHUGE! Pam once told me she might be mixed with a largerbreed. I call her myMaxi Lop.

Laura

gypsy wrote:
11 lb MiniLop:shock2:Sounds likeFrench Bun snuck in ,

I've wondered about English Checkered too, maybe?

She has trouble playing with my others sometimes! Those hips just don't fit a lot of places!

BunnyBoathouseParty082.jpg

SmSnuggyButterflyEdit.jpg

One Things forCertain , no matter whatcross she is she is Beautiful .

I love her half Butterfly it gives her so much Character .

Pam Igot fairly good PicturesOf Sara , ( not me hehehehehe )I hope you will beable to see her coloringnicely I love her bighead and girlish butt, she is an awsomerabbit for sure .

IM000565.jpg

IM000564.jpg

Her weight right now isa bit high If Iremember right Shannon said 8. something, She is not on a litter , butI think and love her the weightshe is .

Good photo! What is Sara's undercolorwhen you blow into the coat? (Take a photo of thering colorif you can). She looks like a chocolate agouti.Look at the top of her tail -- does the fur appear to actually be blacktipped (Chestnut)or chocolate tipped?

What color eyes does she have? (blue gray or dark brown?)

It is very possible that she could indeed be a smutty fawn (we'll find out when you look at her undercolor),

What color are the sire and dam? Grandparents?

Pam

Pam, Sara's mother is a broken orange but thatis questionable..she has the same color as Sara just in brokenlol. Her father is a REW dont ask me how that mix happenedlol. As for grand parents...on her mothers side...hergrandfather is a broken black...and her grand mother is a black...Onher fathers side...both grand parents were REWs lol

Shannon

THats a big girl you got there lol..she couldjust very well be an oversized mini lop we once had one that was 8.12pounds out of canadian stock their mini lops tend to run way largerthen states mini lops.

Shannon

Oh and one more thing...this is off topic but ineed to brag ...I just recieved my last two legs for my buck Tsume heis now granded im sending in for his GC certificate today =)

Half-Pint wrote:
THats a big girl you got there lol..she could just very wellbe an oversized mini lop we once had one that was 8.12 pounds out ofcanadian stock their mini lops tend to run way larger then states minilops.
She came from upstate NY, so maybe she has some Canadian blood, ey?

:)

Congratulations on yourgetting Tsume certificated.

Laura

Latest posts

Back