Mini Lop show entry question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCWelch

Reaction score
My friend is entering a Pointed White (Himilayan Marked) Mini Lop into a show tomorrow morning and we are not sure if it falls under a solid or broken for entry.
Can anyone give us a heads up so we don't have to ask a judge or the show secretary while he is busy.

BlueCamasRabbitry wrote:
Pretty sure it would be a solid. ;) Unless it's easy to tell that the rabbit is a broken pointed white?

Emily
Which wouldn't be accepted thanks to the 10% rule. P: Saw a prettttty JW a few months back that was a broken pointed white. Had a black butterfly and pink eyes. <3

They probably meant tan pattern/agouti pointed white. A chinchilla pointed white is genetically impossible (chinchilla "Cchd" is dominant in the C series to the himalayan gene "ch"- so if it's chin, it's impossible for it to also be pointed).

The judges ( a different one for both shows) said it was a chin. Obviously they were wrong being as it is genetically impossible. I am sure not all judges are as adept at genetics as you are Pam. (I am glad you are!!)

CCWelch wrote:
The judges ( a different one for both shows) said it was a chin. Obviously they were wrong being as it is genetically impossible. I am sure not all judges are as adept at genetics as you are Pam. (I am glad you are!!)

In this case, the distinction is important. If they are DQing the rabbit for being a "Chin", it would be the wrong variety and not count in the class.

The proper DQ wording (if it's what I think it is) would be called "Tan Pattern" markings on a pointed white. This DQ would not change the number in the class.

Would love to see a photo.

Hello he is my rabbit. My favorite of course.

What was written on his card was Unrecognized Martinized pointed white
The second judge explained that because the bottom of his tail the inside of his ears, his nostrils etc where white he was martinized. Both judges said the same thing. They also said he had pinched hindquarters. My lops didn't have a good day at the show.

Here are some pictures

Born August 5th 2011
3 days (just cause I saw it when I was looking for a newer one)
minilopkits3days2.jpg

5 weeks old
minilopkits5wksrew4.jpg

9 weeks old
Horatio9wksfront.jpg

AlexNNinjasbuck.jpg

2 weeks ago ( 12 weeks old )
SmithsHoratioN2Notposed.jpg

SmithsHoratioN2cuteresized.jpg

Yes, it's commonly referred to as martinized (himi with the agouti gene). The Standard of Perfection proper terminology is "Tan Pattern".

The dad was chestnut agouti the mom was agouti.
The dad has sired pointed whites before. CCWelch do you know if they where this same color? With the white on the inside of the ears, underside of tail etc?
The dam hasn't had them before, but has only had one other litter.

I am not sure, I know the one other pointed was extremely light, almost non existent even as an older rabbit.

Alex's daughter(Butterscotch) just had a litter and I am waiting to see what she produced. So far I see 3 very pink, 2 orangish and one grayish baby. They were just born yesterday so I need a couple days for them to start getting fur.

Congrats on the new babies! I know Horatio and his sister both looked like REW's for the first two weeks, then you could just barely see the coloring on the nose.

Back