Mini Lop + Housing Options

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy

Reaction score
I'm asking this question for a friend of mine, whom recently adopted an adult female Mini Lop.

The rabbit is currently at her boyfriend's house but will be going hometo her next week. She's at a loss as to what to do with cages/housingoptionsfor the bun. She lives in a strict No Pets policybuilding and is therefore unable to build a NIC condo, since that wouldbe extremely hard to hide if the building manager ever needs to enterher suite.

She thinks that the average pet store cages may be a tad bit too small for her rabbit since she's currently 6lbs.

What do the rest of the Mini Lop owners on here use for their housingoptions? Are there any adequate-sized pet store cages for a ML? Thecage is to be used for an eating and sleeping area only (she will havefree roam of the apartment at all times).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

What about a dog crate? You can foldit down flat if you need to hide it, and you can get pretty bigones. A 42" crate is the same size as a 2x3 grid NIC cage.

A puppy pen might work too, as long as she has something to use for the floor.

I will be living in a no pet apartment next yeartoo. Right now I have an NIC cage and we love it! So I'm going toa)clip the ties and fold it up b)put a large cloth over it and pass itoff as a table of some sort c)empty it of all bunny things and stick atall plant and decorations and pass it off as a creative display case(hahaha not sure how that will go but it seems fun to try) when theycome in for inspection. As for the bunny herself, we might just visitmy parents then or take her to a friend's place in her small, old cage.

Latest posts

Back