mini lop Critque *PIC HEAVY*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jashaira

Reaction score
OK we went to the show and one for the kids I show with did not want to work with himis as he project. She really wanted French lops but I did not have the space right now for another big breed. So she did choose mini lops we got a breeding pair from a very nice well known breeder Stiles. I hope I spelled his name right. I would love your thoughts on the pair. This is for a youth so if it is sanctioned they both will be in youth. First is the doe she is a young one only 3mo but I love her color. Oh and if she is posed wrong just tell me what needs to be done and I will try to fix it.

049-1.jpg

044-1.jpg

043-2.jpg

040-3.jpg

039-1.jpg

036-2.jpg

I do like the buck, I've had access to some nice mini lops, never picked the breed up myself very far, but I prefer to see a slightly flatter look to the face, like the buck has, on the doe as well. and the doe's crown seems flatish to me.
I am no judge so I would wait for Pam or someone else to ccome around, these are personal opinions from me.
Pretty colors though Steel and Chinchilla. . .

neither of them look properly posed.

Although, even with a proper pose, they both lack depth. like, they have no depth... they are flat.

The buck looks long in the shoulder as well.

They both look narrow through the loin and need to fill in over the hip.

The only thing I like about them is their heads.

Personally, as hard as it may be to hear, I would sell these two and start over. Mini Lops aren't too terribly expensive, so you could get much better stock for fairly inexpensive.

See that is what I wanted to hear if they are good I will keep them but if not I will sell them and get a new pair. Thank you for telling me this.

I really like a small breed like this that is competitive should I still look for a good mini lop pair?

If you want a small breed that is incredibly competitive go for either Netherland Dwarfs or Holland Lops....

Although, Mini Lops still have quite a bit of competition and are fairly easy and inexpensive to get into, with good quality animals....

I have raised many many different breeds through out the years, but Mini Lops are my favorite. They are the best moms, not too big, have good personalities, and are easy breeders.

Dwarfs and Hollands on the other hand are going to be expensive to get a good running start with. They tend to have more birthing issues, and are harder to get bred. They have TONS of competition, which makes them so hard to feel like you're doing well....

But, you have to go with what you feel is a good match for you. :D

She wants mini lops or mini rexes I just don't want to deal with the sore hocks with the rexes. I wish she would do the himis they are a nice bunny. Now to find a home for this pair. We have till Oct to choose something for her.

Mini Rex's can be awfully competitive too.... Mini Lops are a good choice, but I agree with you, Himmies are very nice rabbits. Perfect choice for 4H kids.

Thats disappointing that they don't want to raise the himis. Although there isnt much competition depending on where you go. My younger friend got really serious about polish. A great alternative to a netherland and they have much sweeter dispositions

Latest posts

Back