Mini Convention

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjbarrick

Reaction score
I found out I get to go to the Mini Convention in Columbus Ohio on my birthday :) I'm excited, but I'm nervous because I don't know what to do or what to expect. I think what really has me nervous is I'm afraid my rabbits may get mixed up with someone else's. Maybe that's just me being paranoid, but I don't know. Any advice?

No worries just make sure you put them in the right coops and I always watch like a hawk when my bunnies are being judged. Normally I'll put them in the judging coops myself. Good luck! I'm sad I can't make it as tan nationals is there but it's too far for us :(

Thanks! It's kinda far for us too, about 3 hours. But my hubby wants to go just as much as I do, so we are going. He also told me that's my birthday present from him, so that's another reason he wants to go. It's not gonna be fun having to get up at 4 in the morning to be there in time. Oh well lol.

Well we went to the convention yesterday. Neither of our rabbits placed, but I'm glad they have some experience now. The judge thought they were both perfect. He said the only thing that they need is for their fur to grow in more, since they are still young. So I've got high hopes for them. We also bought another bunny while we were there. He comes from a full line of grand champions, so I'm anxious to see how he does once he's old enough. :)
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1399307161.759089.jpg

Opal mini rex :
1Buick.JPG

Blue Otter Mini Rex :
beautiful-blue-otter-mini-rex-buck-5307a0544d079.JPG

Opals are the dilute of castor or chestnut agouti. They are classified as agouti and have rings or bands in the top coat. A blue otter is a tan pattern and has a solid color on top. The most defining thing is the tan line defining the top coat from the belly color. Opals do not have this.

Aw he's so pretty :) that's a gorgeous blue otter! Congrats on the good comments!

Thank you! He's got the sweetest personality. He absolutely loves my husband and makes him take him out to play with him all the time lol.

Opals are the dilute of castor or chestnut agouti. They are classified as agouti and have rings or bands in the top coat. A blue otter is a tan pattern and has a solid color on top. The most defining thing is the tan line defining the top coat from the belly color. Opals do not have this.

OK, that makes sense. Scone's fur definitely was banded. With my wonky color vision, I'm not sure I can see the tan line between top and belly, but I'll take your word for it.

Latest posts

Back