Milky urine and a small dot of yellow (bladder sludge?!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happatk

Reaction score
This morning I woke up and found that Cupcake had peed on the floor again, but instead of it being yellow, it was white and there was just a dot of yellow something next to her dried pee. I didn't inspect it too much, I just cleaned the mess up and put her litter pan there, but is it possible that what I've described is bladder sludge? I just started reading about it, and now I'm getting worried.

Yeah, I just got her, but I didn't take a picture of the mess because I initially didn't think anything of it, so I cleaned it up. If she does it again tomorrow, I'll post pictures.

tonyshuman wrote:
It is normal to have some white solids in rabbit urine. Check out this page for pics of normal urine and sludge.

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Uro_gen_diseases/generalities/Sludge.htm

You'll notice that the consistency of sludge is much more paste-like. I don't know what the yellow dot could be, though :dunno:

Weird... her urine stain didn't look anything like that. It was all white, and the yellow mystery smudge was outside of the urine stain. Dang, I wish I had taken a picture.

I got a vet appointment for Cupcake for tomorrow. I'll mention everything I've noticed from her so far, but she hasn't had milky pee since that day, so maybe it was a one time only thing. She does, however, scratch her left ear ALL THE TIME and she has a film or something over her left eye. I am so concerned for her, but I'm pretty sure all of her problems are rather minor. I just love her so much and I don't want to lose her early because I didn't take her to the vet. : /

It could also be an ear infection, part of an upper respiratory infection that's also affecting her eyes.

tonyshuman wrote:
It could also be an ear infection, part of an upper respiratory infection that's also affecting her eyes.

Woah, what? That's possible? Is that treatable, or should I fear for her life? I'm really worried now. O_O

respiratory and ear infections are common for rabbits and can get serious if you let them go on and on without treatment.

but you are going to the vet so don't worry

angieluv wrote:
respiratory and ear infections are common for rabbits and can get serious if you let them go on and on without treatment.

but you are going to the vet so don't worry

She sneezed the other day and it was adorable... but do you think that was a symptom of a possible infection?

Man, poor Cupcake, I just thought she had an ear infections and a birth defect. I heard the vet I'm taking her to is very experienced with rabbits, so I'm certain she'll figure out what's wrong.

Maybe I should study to become a vet. Then I could take care of Cupcake and not have to worry about some mystery illness creeping up and taking her from me.

Latest posts

Back