Milk?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babbitlover

Reaction score
My rabbit cameron, likes to drink milk, shes the only one, does this mean anything? is milk bad for them?

I've never heard of anyone giving their rabbitmilk (besides special formulas they were using to rehabilitate ababy)....I'm guessing this is probably not something very good to givethem...too high in sugar and fat....I've heard that it really isn'teven good to give cats milk, it's just too much fat they don't need...

-Vanessa

Babbitlover wrote:

My rabbit cameron, likes to drink milk, shes the only one, does this mean anything? is milk bad for them?

Never heard of it. How about other dairy products?Cheese, yogurt, pudding, ice cream..... Then the problem ofcalcium, would that be too much for bunny?

Does Cameron have any reaction or get sick? Is her poop or pee any different?

Well you heard it first on this forum!

Rainbows!

I really don't think any dairy product would begood for a rabbit...they don't eat any dairy/meat in the wild...I'dstick to hay, pellets, and greens if you want a healthy rabbit...

I couldn't really say. All I know is that a dogcan't have milk as they are lactose intolerant. I would have thoughtthe tiniest bit every so often might be ok, but I really don't know andwouldn't like to guess at this.

I'll see if I can find anything.....

Vickie

*Edit* I'm still looking, but I am getting the impression that rabbitscan be allergic to Cows milk as it has said on a couple of sites that Ihave looked on.

It's not advised due to the lactose (the sugar inmilk-- rabbits don't need more sugar), and the calcium. Theexcess calcium could lead to bladder sludge in older rabbits.The fats in milk are also not something you want to add to the rabbit'sdiet.

Pam

Well thank you all for the kind words ofadvice. Well all my family drinks is Skim milk, and the storygoes is that I was drinking it (the milk) out of a water bottle while Iwas feeding her, and she lunged at the bottle and I said U want some?.. and I poured some in my hand and she attacked it and drank it rightup, some had dripped on her cage and she licked that right up to. Ithought, what a little freak! I tried to give some to my other bunnies,and they wouldnt take it. So i dnt know. But i doagree with all of your statements. I dont think it would begood for her either. but it is Skim milk... so? i wonder if that makesany of a difference. And i havent noticed any difference in her sincelast night... not yet anyways. thanks again

Yes I do agree, I will not give it to heranymore. I wouldnt want t o get her sick. My other rabbit ibought her and she ended up having TERRIBLE ear mites, the vet bill,cost me so much money. So i know better, I ll keep her awayfrom it.

Latest posts

Back