Mild rant on life suckiness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalena2148

Reaction score
1) I can't lose weight! I have tried (granted not as hard as I could) but I still am not losing!

2) I can't find a job. I quit mine in Dec., had one freelance from March-May, been on 8 interviews, and got turned down 2x today. Fun. And my hubby has been on my butt to find one soon. It's super annoying. As I told him, no one will higher me for Graphic Design now because I have too much experience so they'd have to pay me, and I can't get a job at Target because I have a degree. It's been sad.

3) I hate having PCOS and endo. I hate it. It makes me feel like I have a clock ticking already for having kids. Once I start to bank some money, I'll be ready by next year to try. My hubby, however, seems very reluctant and wants to wait. I feel like I can't wait for him to make up his mind.

After the last job rejection today, I'm at my wits end, and I'm stopping myself from running out to The Creamery for a Rainbow Cone. :sigh: I'm just really sad today.

I'm not sure if there's anything I can say, but I wanted to let you know that I hear you and that we're all here for you.

You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers.

:hug:Take care of yourself. And my PM is open if you ever need someone to listen.

i think you need a hug.....................................

feel better? i hope so! good luck with everything you're trying to do, i'm sure it'll all come in time:pink iris:

Thanks Alexah and LadyBug.

It's seriously been a crappy day but your thoughts and BIG hug do help.

Thank you.:)

I know how you feel. I just was laid off from my job today. I was out of work for 5 weeks prior to that. I'm calling one place tomorrow to see if they are still interviewing. Otherwise, I don't even know if I can pay my mortgage let alone anything else.

I feel for you about the weight loss. Something I've been struggling with most of my life. Right now I want to eat junk. That's how I feel.

I hope things get better for you.

I'm so sorry that today's been such a bummer for you guys. I know how discouraging the weight loss battle is....been at it most of my adult life. Being stressed and depressed sure doesn't help either. {{{{HUGS}}}} and prayers going out for a better tomorrow.

lalena2148 wrote:
I can't get a job at Target because I have a degree. It's been sad.
Erm.... you may want to try any way. After my DH retired from his 'real' job he worked part time at Wally Mart and he has a Master's in Philosophy. The company routinely hires teachers and other degreed people as sales associates. Several area teachers 'moonlight' at Target also.

Has your doctor suggested Metformin//Glucophage as a way to control blood sugar and other issues related to PCO's?

I have no thyroid gland - got it 'nuked' due to Graves' Disease - and have had a terrible time losing weight since then. 3 months ago I cut out fast food lunches and have lost 28 pounds. I'm shocked at the difference that simple change made.

Good luck with your job hunt and getting some relief from the PCO's.

seniorcats wrote:
Has your doctor suggested Metformin//Glucophage as a way to control blood sugar and other issues related to PCO's?

I have no thyroid gland - got it 'nuked' due to Graves' Disease - and have had a terrible time losing weight since then. 3 months ago I cut out fast food lunches and have lost 28 pounds. I'm shocked at the difference that simple change made.

Good luck with your job hunt and getting some relief from the PCO's.
I feel better today but my husband is still very irritating on this 'when are you going to get a job' thing. I'm doing all I can and the rest is not in my control.

As for my doctor, they don't want to put me on Met yet. I go for a bloodtest in August to see if I need to be on anything else.

Aww Lauren, I was just thinking of you this morning and wondering how you were doing. You must have been sending outvibes or something ;)

Im sorry to hear things arent going well for you lately.

For weight loss, have you tried low carb? I lost about 35 lbs a few summers ago doing it. If you can do it for 2-3 months you will drop weight like crazy. Then you just make sure you exercise and you can slowly work carbs back into your diet (in moderation) and the weight will stay off. If you can live on salads and grilled chicken and veggies and stuff for the summer its really easy.

To make some money, could you try doing some pet portraits like you did with Perry? I dont know if you saw the recent thread about the lolbunnies portraits but people were paying this person comissions to do digital artwork of their bunnies. Might be something to think about..

:hug:Im sure things will work out

Haley

Haley wrote:
Aww Lauren, I was just thinking of you this morning and wondering how you were doing. You must have been sending outvibes or something ;)

Im sorry to hear things arent going well for you lately.

For weight loss, have you tried low carb? I lost about 35 lbs a few summers ago doing it. If you can do it for 2-3 months you will drop weight like crazy. Then you just make sure you exercise and you can slowly work carbs back into your diet (in moderation) and the weight will stay off. If you can live on salads and grilled chicken and veggies and stuff for the summer its really easy.

To make some money, could you try doing some pet portraits like you did with Perry? I dont know if you saw the recent thread about the lolbunnies portraits but people were paying this person comissions to do digital artwork of their bunnies. Might be something to think about..

:hug:Im sure things will work out

Haley
Aww...thanks for thinking of me Haley. :)

Yeah I tried Low-carb once and I did lose like 15-20 in the first 9 days (which is crazy), but it did all come back. I pretty much only eat good carbs now (only 100% whole grain or whole wheat bread, tortillas, etc) but I do occasionally sneak in other sugars. To quote Stewie from Family Guy "**** you ice cream, come to my mouth! How dare you disobey me." I think what's depressing for me is I used to be an athlete. Like I ate anything and everything during track and I was still so lean. Now, I eat an Oreo and my a$$ explodes in mass! :p

I think I just need to stop making excuses, get on the elliptical and run. I think I'm going to pop in a DVD of my fav show "Supernatural" and start watching it over from Season 1. Each day watch an epi and run during it (each epi is about 42 minutes). And once I'm done with the 2 seasons, start on my Simpsons DVDs and watch 2 a day (1 in the morning, 1 at night) for another total of 42 minutes of jogging each day. That'll keep me occupied. I'm also going to make playlists on my MP3 player with songs that'll keep me motivated AND will add up to 20 minutes of exercising. Just stop when the music is done! :biggrin2:

And yes, I would LOVE to do my portraits for some extra dinero! Problem is, I've had only occasional glances and no one has really expressed some definite interest. Maybe I'll bump my original thread on here again.

And Haley, I'm gonna take pics of my buns today! I promise. It looks nice for a photo shoot today!

<rant> I've been awake since 4:30am (it's now 5:30) because two drunk girls across the road are sitting on the grass talking loudly, and one periodically yells "Dillan!"

It's the middle of the week and the middle of winter, what the heck are they doing drinking and sitting on wet grass? </rant>

I have an elliptical too! :D Hate the **** thing, haha, I do 25 minutes per night on it, then in the morning about 6am I try and do another 25 minutes but it's hard, I usually end up only doing 15. Then about 8am I do a vigorous workout with weights, which I do enjoy. I feel fitter though, at the start I felt 10 minutes on the thing would kill me.

Like everyone else said try Target anyway. Also try big places like Best Buy and maybe a place like Kinkos, hell try getting highered at petstores so that you will have somewhat of money coming in and you won't feel as useless. And remember just because you haven't gotten highered yet doesn't mean it is your fault. It is extremly hard to get highered in the summer months because that's when kids are out stealing all the jobs so that they can get money to buy clothes and cars.

Another idea(although somewhat stupid) that I've been wanting to do myself is start a website blog. I read something about it in my little sisters "Seventeen" magazine that kids that made hundreds of thousands from having websites with ads that they get paid for everytime someone clicks on them.

Remember to always be positive, negative thoughts only make you feel more sick:p. Cheer up start taking walks and enjoying whats already around you and good luck;)

-Ashley

By the way all...I GOT A JOB!! It's not really career-based right now but it's something. I start Monday at LA Tan.

But...since then I HAVE been getting calls about possible career type jobs. Yay!

congrats!!

for the weight loss thing, here is something i learned in japan. its all about portion control. and eating slower. i didn't eat a whole lot there but felt full, and i unentionally lost weight. chopsticks can do wonders to slow your eating. try eating slower, it might work. although to me i dont really worry about how much i weigh, i eat whatever i want so i dunno if i am the best person to turn to.:biggrin2:

Pet_Bunny wrote:
lalena2148 wrote:
By the way all...I GOT A JOB!!
How did things go? :)
LOL...funny thing...they never called me back in for a schedule. I called them back and heard back once but then I stopped hearing from them.

So, I've been on a TON of interviews since then with no hope until yesterday. I'm still waiting to hear back.

Other than that, things have been both up and down.

It was all good until today...when I got a letter from the secretary of state saying my vehicle will be suspended on 10/3/08 because I never sent a verification of insurance (they said they sent a letter that I was supposed to send back...wish I never got). I tried to call the number and of course they're closed. I've had the same insurance and agent for 4 years on two cars! Nothing has changed! But, the letter says I need to send a copy of my insurance card AND a $100 fee...WTF!! I've called and left a message w/ my agent and I'm hoping to get this resolved MONDAY. I shouldn't have to pay anything since I never received a warning!! :grumpy:Always on a Friday!

lalena2148 wrote:
So, I've been on a TON of interviews since then with no hope until yesterday. I'm still waiting to hear back.
Cross your fingers and hope they call.

My agent is terrible too. He doesn't sent our renewals until the last minute so we don't have time to shop around for new insurance. He never calls back when we want to talk to him.

About the weight thing, have you ever had your thyroid checked? Sometimes your thyroid can become under productive due to different reasons and with your thyroid like that it can be very very hard to lose weight. It's a simple blood tests to find out and then inexpensive Thyroid meds.

Low carb is my life diet, hehe. I love it! And it makes it so that I can eat how ever much I'm hungry for without ever gaining weight. Low carb is much easier to do if you look into baking with blanched almond flour whenever you crave muffins, bread, pancakes, etc. They are a great substitiute! honeyvillegrain.com makes the BEST almond flour for baking. You use it in the exact same amount for flour in recipes.

Raspberry82 wrote:
About the weight thing, have you ever had your thyroid checked? Sometimes your thyroid can become under productive due to different reasons and with your thyroid like that it can be very very hard to lose weight. It's a simple blood tests to find out and then inexpensive Thyroid meds.
I just had a visit w/ the endocrinologist yesterday and got EVERYTHING checked. He said I should get my test results back in a couple weeks. So hopefully, we'll find something out.

My husband takes that thyroid medication and it has seemed to help him.

And Pet_Bunny, they haven't called back yet, but they made it sound on the interview that there were enough open spots for everyone. :fingers crossed: If I don't hear from them tomorrow, I may call to see if they made a decision.

Latest posts

Back