Mika Is Smarter Than Me!!??!?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sephira

Reaction score
OK, so here's the deal... Mika and Sasha have a large 'playgate' that's about 2ft wide and about 5ft long that serves as their cage. It's open at the top only, the sides are all closed. So, they have a nice big cage area that they can even do binkys in!

BUT... Mika decided that she no longer wanted to stay in the cage and began jumping out of it! She figured out how to use the corners and pull herself up and over the top of the gate. Well, I figured I'd just put a piece of cardboard over the corner to make a 'ledge' that she wouldn't be able to get over--she used the other corner instead. OK, so I decided to make a ledge of cardboard to cover that entire side of the gate. She figured out how to get over the ledge... :pssd:

NOW for the good part: she is obviously a smart bun so I decided to get a piece of pegboard cut to fit over the top of the gate in two pieces (for easy maneuverability). Of course she can't get out with that on there, right?

WRONG!!! She chewed a hole through the side of the gate (it's plastic) and she AND Sasha escaped into the room, gleefully... :ph34r2 Ninja bunnies for sure!!!

See here: Mika conspiring to chew the gate and show her superiority to mere hoomans!
3459428809_5d5df6c427_m.jpg

I now have my Pelican case blocking the hole until I can figure out what to use to cover it.
I concede..they win!!!!!! :bunnydance:

I have put extra NIC grates on the plastic baby gate so Tony doesn't chew through it and attack the bf's bunnies. They are very smart creatures. He also used to get on top of a box nearby the gate to jump over it. Sometimes I see him standing on the back of the couch seeing if he can make the giant jump over the gate, which of course he can't but I bet one day he'll try.

My little guy knows how to pull the clips off of cages. That's how him and Miss Emma were getting in fights. He would let her out to play and she'd beat the tar out of him. :( Who ever came up with the term "dumb bunny"? :grumpy:

Back