Miffy sometimes nibbles her shoulder then.......

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mummybunny

Reaction score
Hi all,

wanted to know if anyone's rabbit has done this before?

When Miffy is grooming herself she sometimes starts gnawing hershoulders then leaps straight up in the air, sometimes a few times. Shehas no control over how she lands - often on her back - which isworrying.

We have to grab her and hold her until she calms down - I think itmight be a wierd nerve thing that makes her jump - but with no control.

Any advice appreciated

mummybunny xx

The only thing I can think of is maybe Miffy hasa sore spot on her shoulder, under her fur? A scratch, or maybe aparasite bite, that is irritant and triggers her to get aggitated? Haveyou checked Miffy's shoulder, under the fur, and does she react whenyou touch her in that area?

Good luck!

Blueberry x

Hi,

no, there's nothing on her shoulder/skin etc.- she's a housebunny. Also, it's not every time she does it, and never when we touchher there. Maybe she just nips a particular nerve?

mummybunny xx

Well if you are sure theresno problem with itchy skin, mites, fleas etc then perhaps shes just asilly girl who bites her self to hard and makes her selfjump.LOL If you are really worried i would take her to abunny vet.

It seems normal to me, the only thing thatworries me is the fact that she sometimes lands on her back? I'm notsure if rabbits have good balance or ifthey're similar tous.. But Xander does that, too. Grooms, then leaps in the air and flipsetc.

Just keep a watch over her and make sure nothing else is wrong. Is she eating okay?

Yeah, she eats just fine, too fine sometimes!!

I think she just gets an itchy bit and bites herself too hard as yousay, or has a silly nerve, like how a dog can scratch itself and it'sother leg is going doing,doing,doing off the floor!!!!!

It is worrying that she lands on her back or side though, and she's aBIG girl so she can land with quite a thump. One day she'll do it, landon Munchkin - teeny Netherland Dwarf boy - and squish him.

mummybunny

Maybe she has fleas? Could you call your vet and ask them what they think? Good luck and keep us posted ;)

Hugs!

Latest posts

Back