midwest ferret cage for a rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you should try to build one out of those wire panels. That way you can customize as to size and shape to better fit the location you want it. Plus its actually cheaper or as cheap as buying one of those prefabricated ones. There are lots of "how to" video's on youtube that show you step by step how to build one. I built one for my bunny's and if i can do it anyone can do it, plus my bunny's LOVE it!

I know a couple people tried using the ferret nations for their small buns and it just didn't work for one reason or another.

Ferret cages are really not good for rabbits. For one, rabbits really need more open floor space, not climbing space. A rabbit would be happier with all of that square footage spread out on the floor in one pen. A 36"x25" area (which is what it is, even though it has levels) is too small for any rabbit, in my opinion. The levels don't add much, because the space is still too small to run around. Rabbits aren't climbers, they're runners. If a cage does have enough floor space adding levels can be fun and provide exercise, but they shouldn't be considered an equal exchange for room to run.

Back