Midnight and Honey's Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wordstoasong

Reaction score
2yn5xtd.jpg

This blog is about my two bunnies, Midnight and Honey. Above, together hanging out. =]

--------
Name: Midnight
Breed: unknown currently
Hates: Nothing yet.

Name: Honey
Breed: unknown currently
Hates: the pigs and sometimes Midnight.

--------

Oh boy! A new blog!

Feel free to post pictures of them in our Rabbitry section to see if someone can hazard a guess as to their breeds.

Are they spayed/neutered?

Today both came inside! Placed into two large bins with fleece bottoms and a carrot each, they were both checked over for anything out of the ordinary.

Honey eagerly nibbled at her carrot, not caring for the watchful eyes of Turbo (the puppy) and Hannah (the kitten). Midnight, however, was not himself. He buried himself under the blanket and hasn't touched his carrot since.

Turbo decided to say "hello" to both and sloppered/licked all over their faces. They didn't mind at all of course, stayed nicely still durning their "bath".

Going to leave them inside the house tonight, see if anything will happen, any changes.

Photos were taken! Here they are. Only a few.
2qbukgg.jpg

Midnight taking a stretch. Some of his photos make him look blue.

2zipikm.jpg

Honey in all her glory. She has a torn ear (which has healed over nicely) and a torn nose from a fight with Midnight. She's all right now of course.

fxqbh0.jpg

Relaxing in her box. She sitting ontop of her carrot.

2pslpcj.jpg

Midnight hiding.

-------------
missyscove: Yes they both are fixed.
XxMontanaxX: Thank you. I love them. =]

Wow they are so beautiful! :inlove:

Im so happy you brought them inside- its so cold right now! Are you going to keep them indoors? Have you seen the NIC cages a lot of us have built- theyre awesome and very cheap!

I think Honey is definitely at least part Netherland Dwarf. She looks a lot like my Lucy.

They are adorable!

Haley: Thank you! Yeah, they are indoors now for the time. I much prefer my buns outdoors, but since it has been cold, they are inside. =] And part drawf? That's neat! I was thinking American Sable, but didn't think so. Thanks for that information. And yup, I have seen the indoor cages. But, I can't do that as I have no room in my house for building cages. But when I move out, I can make them indoor houses. =]

------

Midnight is calming down! He's eatting, which is nice and relaxing. I think my babies were both litter trained or something, they both do their business in the same corner, which makes cleaning nicer. Honey is relaxing and enjoying being indoors.
One slight problem, my sister's kitten is always by the cage, either ontop or beside it, poking her paws at them. And Turbo, drools beside them and whines.

I'm going to clean out the old rabbits cage (one my dad made me for my last group of bunnies, but my sister kicked them out for her pigs. ugh.) and set them up a nice house and such. I'm going to buy the J feeder, as everyone here has given me some nice adive on it. I will keep their current bowls in there as well.

Water bottles, my darlings haven't touched the one I've filled for them for about 2 days now. Should I just wait to see if they use it? Or fill a water bowl?

No pictures for today. Sorry everyone!

1zxw2a0.jpg

Together hanging out in their indoor cage. And that's a banana in their feed dish. Silly guys didn't want to eat it so I tossed it later.

I do have those NIC Cage thingys, but there outside and I have no more ties so I can't make them a big fun cage currently. :( But they are happy in this cage.

:biggrin2:COOL!!!! A new member, a new blog and two of the most adorable bunners:biggrin2:

Welcome to RO and even though I haven't much of a clue about breeds, I would take a guess to say that your lovely little guys don't look very old, probably less than 3 years both of them.
I have seen loads of older bunnies lately and I am slowly gettign some idea of a middle aged look and an older bunny look.
Your two look perky with sleek coats and bright eyes, I would GUESS that Honey looks a little older than Midnight. I would be curious to see what a vet had to say and if it is possible to actually guesstimate their age??

More pics please ;):bunnydance::inlove::pinkelepht:

I will look around for your introduction etc but I was wondering, how did you come across these two?
Sorry if have already covered this somewhere else:embarrassed:

2uruwef.jpg

Honey relaxing. =]

Honey is getting moody now-a-days, thumps her feet at Midnight (whom, I found out, is a FEMALE! lol) But no fights have happened yet.

lemonaxis: Thank you! I got them both from my riding teacher actually. =] And I'll be sure to get more pics of both of them. We have a dog and a few cats in the house, so they get to come out and explore when the dog is outside and the cats are sleeping. =] Of course, the dog knows NOT to eat my buns (but panting on them is ok, right?) and the cats just want nothing with them.

They are so adorable!

You know what a lot of people do if you dont want to build a big NIC cage is that you make a two panel high "run" just by using cable ties to connect them. You can make it as big or small as you want and just attach it to the front of their cage. It works great for indoor runtime!

Today I weighed the two buns.

Honey: 3.5 lbs.
Midnight: 4lbs.

And I found out online that if you somehow measure their back feet, you could tell their age. Meh. So I measured them.

Honey: 3.5 inches.
Midnight: 4 inches.

More info later.

Really, isn't it amazing how many facts there are out there about bunnies!
:)
Your blog is really cool, I love checking up on Midnight and Honey:biggrin2:

So you are quite sure they are both girls...lol, a metamorphosis from one gender to another is so common lol
I learnt from my bunners that once they settle in, are getting good food and all that they need, then they have the time and luxury to start bickering!! lol

Manybe getting them spayed when you can and also giving them alone time might help, but sounds like they really are getting to bond with you :)

lemonaxis: I know, there are lots out there! If I could only find my rabbits books, I could read more. haha.
And yes, for sure this time. First I was told they were both females, but the way Midnight was acting around Honey (really beating her up), I was sure that Midnight was a male. So I had them in seprate cages for the time up until they both lost their weight. Now, they both share a cage together and are getting well just fine. I put them in traces to check them and sure enough, they are both females. =]

UPDATE:
I've cleaned out the outdoor cage for my two buns. I'm hoping to move them there soon, once the weather stops being cold. First, I want to get them a house, and a J-Feeder. I'll be sure to post pictures of them in there when the time comes along.

No pictures today, I did make a video, but it's too dark to see much. =/

Yesterday, I went out to my stables, and had a talk with my coach about riding. Later, we talked about the rabbits. I found out some interesting things about the two.
Honey was given to her by someone who had her in a cage, locked away in the basement. Midnight came from a local rescue (Forsaken Friends).

It's too cold yet again to move them to their outdoor hutch. =/

Pictures! These were taken the other day, I also made two videos, but they turned out way to dark.

2j492j6.jpg

2wntxcp.jpg

30dkxf4.jpg

March 1, 2008
So I haven't been on here to update the buns, so here is a simple one.
The two have been moved to their outdoor cage where they are having lots of room to bounce around (they like to jump from their "temp" house around).

No pictures, sorry. My camera is broken and we have to send it in for repairs.

Latest posts

Back