messy butt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyandme

Reaction score
Oreo has sat in her litterbox...and hot pee andlitter/hay all over..So I wiped her with vinigar and water...and driedher. is there anything else i can do?

What are you using for litter? Couldyou switch to something more absorbent? I've never had thisproblem, even when my two white bunnies were obsessed with sleeping intheir litterboxes. I use wood pellet litter and scoop the wetstuff once a day.

Is there a possibility that she's actually peeing on herself?If there is then she needs a vet visit. Common causes areurinary tract infections and mobility problems such as back injuries orarthritis.

yes, as naturestee you should get her to a vetif she is peeing on herself. in the meantime, you can usecornstarch on her bottom. Sprinkle it on, let it dry up intoclumps and then gently brush it off.

Thanks guys for your advice. I will try switching her litter, and make a vet appointment.

I would also like to add that she is hopping fine, and has no issueswith limping or anything of that nature. If anything, she's become moreplayful and will run around me during play.

Latest posts

Back