Messed-up baby bunny feet!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Netherlands

Reaction score
I have a litter of rabbit kits and one of the kits' ankles and feet are not okay. His front feet started to shrivel up, while his legs were swollen. It has now changed to his feet being entirely shriveled and only his ankles being incredibly swollen and yellow. The back feet seem messed up too, just not nearly to this extent. The mom chewed off one of his shriveled feet a day or two ago. He is a week old today. He was born out of the nest and froze, but I found him in less than an hour and he was successfully revived. He is one of the biggest kits, eats well and moves around the nest easily. He is reasonably active and seems to be happy still. Has anyone experienced this before?

Is there fur wrapped around his paws? The first thing I would do is check to make sure blood is getting to his feet.

You should consider taking it to the vet to see if they’re infected or necrotic. It doesn’t sound good for the kit’s mobility as he gets older though.

Back