Merlin is now Merlie....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbunbinkie

Reaction score
Oh. My. God. Thats All I can manage to say. Merlin went in for his* neuter this morning. Dr. B and I had decided a few months back (he* was about 10 weeks old) that Merlin was indeed a boy bunners. I have never been able to find testicles on Merlin, and I thought that was kinda normal since Oliver would suck them in when I pick him up and touched him "down there". There was a little pink thing that came out when Merlin was palpated so we assumed a boy... WRONG WRONG WRONG!

Merlin was fully sedated when we found out... SUPRISE!!!! :headsmackI still can't believe it. Merlin is a GIRL!!!:faint: Turns out Merlie has an "outie" type vagina......So, I'm offically changing her name to Merlie.

So, now that I have two GIRL bunnies, how in the world do I go about bonding them????? I'll be posting a new thread in the behavior section for sure.......

I can't help but feel embaressed... I'm a Vet Assistant for God's sake! Well, the doctor thought she was a boy too so that makes me feel better...maybe..... Geez.

She is a little too young to be spayed, so we will have to try again in a few months. Poor Merlie... I'm so sorry I thought you were a boy for the last 3 months!!!

Eeeeek! Well, glad they realised before they cut him/her open! :shock:

Just to say, my girls Mouse and Chalk were spayed at 4 months.... they did great! I know some like to wait a bit longer than that, but ours were both absolutely fine... Others may say different though...

Aww, congrats on your little GIRL!! What a shock! My Cinnabun was originally a girl, luckily we didn't have to change his name though because Cinnabun works for either gender. You could keep Merlin's name the same and change the spelling to Merlyn or Merlynn, or even Merlynne. Those look girly enough :) The funny thing is that when I've looked at Merlie's pictures and videos, I've thought of her as Mermie the Mermaid, but didn't tell you that before since you thought he was a boy! Gues I was right :D

Woops!!!! I had both my girls spayed when they were 4 months old and they were fine. I couldn't stand the hormones anymore.

Hehe... You know I didn't ever think of just changing the spelling! I don't ever call her Merlin... only when she is in trouble!!!

Yeah, I almost wanted to go ahead with the spay today but Dr. B seemed hesitant. I didn't want to push the issue. I don't know if I'm going to have Dr. B do them. I said that about Merlie's *neuter* but decided to take her there anyways (boy that sounds confusing doesn't it?). Spays are a bit more risky/involved so....I don't know. She's a great vet but I'm just not 100 comfortable with it... I never will be no matter where I go anyways.

My boyfriend Tim was more shocked than I was...but then he fessed up and said, "I think I like Merlie even more now that we knowshe's a girl. She's a daddy's girl." She sure does love Tim, there's no doubt about that!!

That must have been a surprise for you!

When my Charlie and Cassidy were four months old i had taken them to the vet to be desexed.....i drop them of and get home....and then about 30 mins later i get a phone call from the vet to let me know that my Charlie is in fact a girl!....aww my little Charlie wasn't a boy after all....but i left her name as Charlie though...as i just love the name for a girl or boy :)

Cheryl

haha! the gender fairy has visited us too:p. don't feel bad! and you'll get used to thinking of your little man as a wee angel girl(trust me, i did the opposite and lived to tell the tale to poor people like you:D:shock::cool:!)

Latest posts

Back