Melissa's furbabies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angoralvr

Reaction score
I decided that I would just start a blogabout my babies. That way it will be easier for anyone that wants to keep up with the story (which currently is my new baby of course!) because it will all be in one place. http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=30452&forum_id=1

That link will take you to the original threads I made about the new boy.

Last night was sort of interesting. I think that Henri and the new boy must have smelled eachother on me. Henri was up on the couch with me (ON me really) more then normal when I was upstairs and decided again that he needed to mark everything around. He started leaving tiny pee spots on the couch so I had to puppy pad it while he was out.

Then I went downstairs and sat with the little guy for a while. He seemed pretty excited to see me and ran out of his cage and nose bumped me as soon as I sat down. Then he decided that he was going to run around me in circles! I am not really sure why he was doing it but he kept hopping around and around and around. About every other time, he would stop for a few pets or to chin and run around my arm instead of my whole body. I am not sure if he was doing it because I smelled like Henri or not. I changed my pants and put on a sweatshirt to see if that was why and he kept doing it though.

I kind of think that Henri is jealous. He normally ignores me a lot of the time but last night he was with me all night. I was actually worried he was going to trip me because walking is not that easy right now and he kept following me around everytime I got up to do something!

So I guess, so far so good in my house. I forgot to bring my camera with me today so I can't add any more pictures today but I will get some more soon.

[align=center]LET THE BATTLE BEGIN![/align]
The pee battle that is. . . . and apparently the battle ground is me!! I said in my last post that Henri had started leaving little pee drops around. Well last night when I got home, I let Henri out and gave him some attention then I went downstairs to let the little guy out into his run. Well I guess I must have smelled like Henri because the new guy threw pee at me!! He literally turned his back to me and kicked it at me!! I went and changed shirts because that was all he really got it on and washed my arms off, I guess I should have changed pants too though because then when I was with Henri again, he decided to jump up on my lap and pee on me.

I am thinking that this is not a good sign as far as a possible future bonding. . .Mommy is not a litterbox!

I waited like an hour, took a shower, changed all my clothes and then went back downstairs for a little bit. This time he was back to his old self, hopping around and doing binkies. . . no flying pee, so I really do think it was a reaction to Henri's smell.

Oh well, just another interesting night in my house. . .

[align=center]Uneventful weekend[/align]
[align=left] As my title suggests, this weekend was pretty uneventful on the bunnyfrontier. That is a good thing though because it means no more flying pee and I didn't get used as a litter box this weekend. I didn't spend a whole lot of time with the new guy only because I was trying to convince Henri that I was not neglecting him. He has suddenly become very needy and constantly follows me around. I am just worried that I am going to step on him with this huge boot one of these days. :?[/align]
[align=left] My little sister came over to meet the bunnies. She loves them both of course but was trying to convince me to let her have the little guy! My father would never go it for it though so she couldn't take him even if he didn't work out at my house. So far, things seem to be working out well though.[/align]
[align=left] Sorry to be so short but I am at work and just wanted to give an update on how things are going.My laptop died on me and I am getting a new computer for Christmas so I will probably only be on some during the weekdays until then. [/align]

the running around you in circles means he loves you:)
it's part of the courtship thing that bunnies do, and my Tony does it to me every morning when i get out of bed.:biggrin2:

good luck with bonding--neuters will help!! i think you have two teenage boy rabbits there that both think you're their girlfriend so they are fighting over you!

Latest posts

Back