Melalueca

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoh

Reaction score
A friend of mine was telling me about the products yesterday, it is kind of the same concept as Amay or something like that. You are suppose to sign people up below you to buy the products, they sign up more people etc. etc. But you don't have to do that, you can just sign up to buy the products you don't have to recruit others. That is what I am looking to do, I'm not a sales person by anymeans.

I have a cleaning business and am very interested in the cleaning supplies because some of the stuff that I use now smell so strong they are so harsh, breathing in that stuff can't be good. I have huge sinus/allergy issues as it is, that can't be helping.

I was just curious if anybody had ever heard of or used any of the products. There is a website if you want to take a look, they sell tons of stuff. It's just www.melalueca.com

Joy

Yep - I'm very familiar with the rip-off company Melalueca.

My daughter-in-law signed up with them. Their real"product" is actually recruitment. You spend the entire day calling people to get them hooked on purchasing the products each month (mandatory) as well as recruiting more "members" - you don't make money unless you recruit.

Melalueca ended up costing her a lot of money (she never made the promised profits) and the products weren't that great. You have to buy a lot of stuff every month that you'll never use - she's still got bottles of the crap sitting around. The costs are inflated and you can easily get comparable products much cheaper elsewhere.

Pam

My friend doesn't do any of the selling/ phone calls/recuiting people. From what she said there are differentlevels of membershipthat you can sign up for, if you sign up for a certain thing then yes, you are suppose to recuit as well as spend X amount of money each month but my friend realized that she wasn't going to be spending that much and dropped her membership down one level. She just purchases stuff for her family, that is it. She wasn't trying to recuit me, I didn't even know that she used the stuff until yesterday we were talking about vitamins and she said that she takes the Melalueca ones and I asked her about it so she told me. She doesn't care one way or another. How long ago was it that your Daughter got into it? Even though she didn't like the company did she like the product?

Thanks for your input,

Joy

My daughter-in-law didn't care for the products.

Don't commit to an expensive membership that requires you to purchase their high priced products every month. You can do much better and save money elsewhere.

Pam

I don't know anything about the company you mention, however, I use all fragrance-free personal and household care products whenever possible. Perfumes give me a headache. Have you ever tried the Seventh Generation products? They've been around a long time and have a good reputation.

http://www.seventhgeneration.com/

Seventh Generation is AWESOME!!!! Also Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Lemon Verbena line is really good. Actually the Clean Day stuff has alot of good scents and also they have a really nice pet line. I pretty much use only hers and seventh in our home now. www.mrsmeyers.com

I purchase from Melaleuca, but I've NEVER done a single thing to recruit anyone and I'll tell you why:

1. I don't have the extra time to do so (I'm a mom of 6).
2. I'm NOT a sales person or a people-oriented person. I mean I like talking to people on a social level, but not in order to promote things or sell things.
3. I don't like the way the company dictates the way you can and cannot promote the business. They do not permit you to use the name "Melaleuca" in any advertising whatsoever at all and I think that is "secretive". They also tell you to tell others that you don't sell anything, which I think is very, very misleading and not the proper way to do business.

Now, I do like their products for the most part, especially the laundry products. With 6 kids, (and 3 dogs, 9 cats, 5 ferrets and 4 bunnies) I do A LOT of laundry, lol!

I don't care for all their personal products like the deodorant, but I do like their cleaners, especially Sol U Mel. I enjoy the products that contain the Tea Tree Oil, but I've recently found out that not all of their products contain it and when I discovered that, I was disappointed.

The Tea Tree Oil has been found to be effective against lice and fleas, among other things, and that is why I like their shampoo, conditioner, and children's body wash & shampoo. I'll admit I buy the kid's soap and stuff because I think it is better than a lot of the commerical products out there with so many chemicals, but I do not know all the in's & out's of all the ingredients that are in these products.

Also, I joined Melaleuca when they had a FREE enrollment special, that way I felt if I didn't like it, I wouldn't lose anything. I think the annual enrollment is $12 or $14, which seems reasonable to me because I think that works in a way similar to BJ's Shopping Club or other warehouse-type stores.

Lastly, you are required to order a minimum amount every month in order to be a customer. I don't have a problem fulfilling that quota because I have a large family so I use quite a bit. Others may not be able to justify purchasing that amount.

Essentially, I think for me it works because we only have one vehicle, so because when my husband was working, he'd have the van and I was stuck at home and couldn't go out shopping for the stuff I needed at the time I needed it. So, it was like changing my method of shopping--now when I go to the grocery store it is only for food-related items, and I get all of my laundry, cleaners, and most of soaps, shampoo, etc. from Melaleuca and it gets delivered to my home. It works for my family & I for now, but I'll admit, it may not work forever.

I want to clarify that I responded to this post just to explain the reasons why & why not I like buying from Melaleuca and it was NOT for the purpose of recruiting anyone because as I said at the beginning of this post, I've never done a thing to recruit anyone---I just wanted to be sure no one thought otherwise. :)

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I haven't tried the Seventh Generation but I was actually just looking at it at our local health food store this evening.

I have tried the Mrs. Meyers Clean Day, I actully have some of the lavender all purpose and window cleaners. My husband hates it, says it's to strong. He usually like lemon , I should have bought that!

Thanks everybody! What I am really looking for is some bathroom cleaners in particular that REALLY work on water spots, soap scum, mildew etc. etc. but that don't smell like they could kill you. I have terrible allergies and have started having some vertigo (dizziness) that I am really starting to contribute to my cleaning houses with such harsh products. People are so picky about water spots etc. they just want them gone, they don't care if I die in the process.

momofmany wrote:
Also, I joined Melaleuca when they had a FREE enrollment special, that way I felt if I didn't like it, I wouldn't lose anything. I think the annual enrollment is $12 or $14, which seems reasonable to me because I think that works in a way similar to BJ's Shopping Club or other warehouse-type stores.

Lastly, you are required to order a minimum amount every month in order to be a customer. I don't have a problem fulfilling that quota because I have a large family so I use quite a bit. Others may not be able to justify purchasing that amount.

My friend told me the same thing, she doesn't recruit she just buys the products.

Right now they are offering 1.00 enrollment which is why I have been thinking about it but that's not what worries me, it's the minimum monthly amount that worries me.Can you tell me how much they require customers to spend? You can PM me if you want, or you can just tell me to mind my own business:) The lady is going to call me tomorrow, I really want to have my ducks in a row before she calls.

Thanks for your input, I'm glad you posted.

Joy

pamnock wrote:
I believe my daughter-in-law said that it was a minimum of $50 per month - but I'm not certain.

Pam
It varies depending on which items you buy. I believe it is a minimum of 35 value points. (each item has a certain amount of points appointed to it, for example, 1 bottle of detergent may be 7 points, a bottle of cleaner could be 4, etc.). My order (which is always right around 35-37 points) is usually around $48-60 plus about $6 or $7 for s/h.

Hope this helps.

spoh wrote:
I haven't tried the Seventh Generation but I was actually just looking at it at our local health food store this evening.

I have tried the Mrs. Meyers Clean Day, I actully have some of the lavender all purpose and window cleaners. My husband hates it, says it's to strong. He usually like lemon , I should have bought that!

Thanks everybody! What I am really looking for is some bathroom cleaners in particular that REALLY work on water spots, soap scum, mildew etc. etc. but that don't smell like they could kill you. I have terrible allergies and have started having some vertigo (dizziness) that I am really starting to contribute to my cleaning houses with such harsh products. People are so picky about water spots etc. they just want them gone, they don't care if I die in the process.

After using many cleaners, theabsolute best thing I found for soap scum and water spots was white vinegar. No kidding! When I had shower doors, I would buy all kinds of cleaners that did nothing. Then I read that white vinegar was very effective. I tried it and it works great. You can also used white vinegar mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with water in a spray bottle to clean wood laminate flooring. Works like a charm and is dirt cheap and environmentally friendly.

I also use it as a kitchen drain cleaner - baking soda, white vinegar followed by a pot of boiling water.

seniorcats wrote:
After using many cleaners, theabsolute best thing I found for soap scum and water spots was white vinegar. No kidding! When I had shower doors, I would buy all kinds of cleaners that did nothing. Then I read that white vinegar was very effective. I tried it and it works great. You can also used white vinegar mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with water in a spray bottle to clean wood laminate flooring. Works like a charm and is dirt cheap and environmentally friendly.

I also use it as a kitchen drain cleaner - baking soda, white vinegar followed by a pot of boiling water.

Seniorcats,

I put this to the test yesterday. I had heard about using vingar on water spots etc. before but when I tried it before I mixed it with water, of course it wasn't strong enough so it didn't work. Today the shower that I had to clean has two full walls of glass all covered in dried on water spots. The man that I clean for is great so I new he wouldn't mind the smell so I thought he would be my quinea pig. I tried just a small spot to begin with, sprayed on the vinegar and then used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser....it worked great so I continued. All of the glass looked great.............until the sun started shining in the window then the spots were back, not as bad by any means but they were there. So I did it again, and it wasn't any better. Now really because it is winter we haven't had much sunshine so this is the first time that I have ever seen this shower with the sun shining on it so those spots might be there even after I use The Works or something like that on them I don't really know. Any idea how to get the really subborn ones?

The other thing that I wanted to ask is about the wood flooring, you said to use it on laminate wood flooring. Is it okay to use on any kind of wood flooring? I have one homeowner who has told me that is what she uses so Ido too onhers but I have been hesitant to use it on anybody elses. I was telling that man that I cleaned for yesterday about it and he is game for anything that is safe so he said to give it a try but I don't want to ruin his floor. What do you think?

With all of the things that you can clean with vinegar you would think that somebody would have come up with a way to make it smell better, I smell like a pickle all day:grumpy:

Joy

nermal71 wrote:
The spots on the glass may be permanent. Hard water will eventually etch glass :(

That's what I was thinking too. I clean for him every other week, next time I'm going do it with the vinegar and hopefully the sun will be shining so that I can see what is left over. I will then try the CLR that he has there on a spot to see if that does anything, if it doesn't then I'm not going to worry about it.

Thanks for you help

The glass may be etched as Nermal said. Sometimes I had to soak a spnge and just use a lot of vinegar water. If I took the shower doors outside, I put old toewls over them and then saturated the towels and let them sith for 15 minutes. I wasn't something i did every week obviously.

Latest posts

Back