Meet the new Dutchie girl!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley411

Reaction score
So yesterday we drove all the way down into Oregon to Jill Pfaff's house it was about 51/2 hours there and 5 hours to get home. Well my friend Kim bought a Harlequin dutch buck that is super cute and outgoing. I finally got my Blue Dutch doe I have wanted forever, she is still kind of skittish. Although at 71/2 weeks she is still young enough to warm up to me (hopefully).

I think I got a steal with her she is show quality came withher pedigree for only $25 can you believe that(I paid $40 for Sherbert in a petshop and she's a mix breed).She only has a couple slight faults that still might goaway when her baby coat sheds out. I love her to death already! She is my first purebred rabbit ever. Well her is my new girl:

on the way home:

Dutch-Agility013.jpg

Dutch-Agility009.jpg

At home:

Dutch-Agility022.jpg

Dutch-Agility021.jpg

Dutch-Agility015.jpg

I still can't decide on a name, it's between Teala, Delilah, and Twilah.

~Hayley

What a great addition! I vote for the name Delilah.

When I was a girl, I had a blue dutch rabbit, but we bought him from the petstore without pedigree so we couldn't show him. He was such a darling and a gentleman! His name was Poindexter, and in those days I didn't have house bunnies, only bunnies in hutches. Poindexter's big ambition in life was to become a house bunny though. He would deliberately come out of the covered portion of his hutch into the rain and then stare at the kitchen window, begging us to bring him in and dry him off!

I hope you have a great time with her. From the photos, her coat looks really nice.

She diffinately looks like all those names! I llike Twilah, or Teala though..... However Delilah is really good too. I'm no help:biggrin2:

But you've got a beautiful bunny girl on your hands. Congrats on your new family member!

Well you guys are no help! :pCan't you all agree on ONE name? :biggrin2:

I think she is Twilah.Now I have the task of figuring out a nickname. Hmmm I'm not sure.

Delilah has too many sylables, I thinkI would end up calling her lilah instead of Delilah.

I liked Teala because I could call her Tee for short.

Her name may change. :D

~Hayley

Aw, she's gorgeous! Look at that sweet little Dutchie face. I didn't get my Dutch, Skyler, until he was 4 months old because we were waiting until I felt comfortable enough to fly him home (figured an older bunny would do better than a little baby), so it's sweet to see baby Dutches. At only 7 1/2 weeks, I'm sure you can make her into a friendly little bunny! All of my bunnies except Rory and Skyler came to me at 8-10 weeks old (so that's 3 bunnies) and they were all skittish to varying degrees. Tallulah would freak out if you tried to hold her, Cinnabun would run away, and poor little Phoebe Mae would cower in fear and then try to run away. With just a week of loving attention, Phoebs and Lula adjusted to their new lives and would come to me for pets, flop by me comfortably and I had no trouble picking them up. Cinnabun took a little longer (he was a Netherland Dwarf and I suspect his high strung nature had something to do with it), but he too became just as loving, cuddly and sweet as the others. Even Rory, adopted from the shelter at about 8 months of age, eventually became a big ol' love sponge, he's so trusting. Skyler is the sweetest of all, he follows me everywhere and demands love and he too was skittish for the first week. Sorry about the long paragraph, but yes, I think your little girl can become very friendly. All of my bunnies have started out skittish and every single one has become loving and affectionate with patience and lots of attention, so I must be doing something right!

It looks like you already decided on Twilah, just thought I'd throw out that I like Teala the best. So cute! If you stick with Twilah you can still call her Tee though!

She is realllly pretty! Look at that lovely blue colouring and what fabulous markings (I can see what you mean by faults; her blaze ;)) She's veryy cute! I love Dutch! I Hope to get one in a few years or sooner, lol.

I think she looks like a Twilah (Great name spelling by the way! My friend spells it Twyla!) or a Teala! Loove it! lol.

Emily

Yeah her blaze is a little ragged but Jill (the breeder) said that once she looses her baby coat it will look alot smoother. Her faults are not bad enough to make her un showable.

~Hayley

Hayley411 wrote:
Yeah her blaze is a little ragged but Jill (the breeder) said that once she looses her baby coat it will look alot smoother. Her faults are not bad enough to make her un showable.

~Hayley

Ahh I see. I bet she will be great on the show table! lol.

Emily

Back