Meet Robbie rabbit (sorry pic heavy)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babybunnyhood

Reaction score
I have been obsessed with rabbits for...ever. I think they're the cutest animal I've seen, and my personal favorite pet. Every time I see a bunny I get ridiculously ecstatic.
I was never allowed to keep one as a pet (my parents were kind of controlling in the pet department). Then, about a year ago, my ex bought me a baby bunny. He was probably too young to even be away from his mother. But he was from a pet store, so I wasn't certain of the age. The store had awful conditions for them, and if I could, I would have taken all of them home and given them proper living conditions.
However, we chose the little guy we later named Robbie Rabbit.

Later that year I had some major life crisis.. and I ended up moving out of state (From beautiful Washington, to New Mexico..), having to leave poor Robbie behind with my parents. He's taken care of very well but, I miss him a lot. I'm planning on moving him down with me as soon as I can afford to go up and visit, or my parents come here.
I came across this site while looking for local breeders or adoptions, as I'm looking for another house rabbit. But having no luck. Seems like there are plenty of cotton tail and jackrabbits running around the desert, but not much luck in finding a pet rabbit !

Anyway, enough of the long story here are some pictures of my baby !

img4884.png

The day we brought him home, gave him a bath with rabbit-safe-shampoo, because I didn't trust the conditions in the pet store...
img4960.png
img4960.png

Just chillin with his ball.

img4947.png

Family Portrait
img4934.png

He really loved doing that. XD
img4939.png

Sweet sunshine. :]
image3oj.png

I'm serious, best toy ever. XD
56233838.png

Sunny day in the run !
img4997.png

Sup ? Dis mah box.
image6xc.png

Curious.
img4979.png

Peeking. XD
img5026.png

His second home.
image4gd.png

Being a bad boy and chewin on daddy's shorts. :x
image5ou.png

I went back to Washington for a visit. This is a few weeks ago. He got pretty fat. XD
I couldn't bring him home with me because I flew home and couldn't afford the 250$ pet cargo fee...

I've been searching for quite a while, if anybody knows where I might find a rabbit in New Mexico, please let me know ! I prefer smaller breeds (Polish, netherland) but if they need rescuing or have a sweet temperament or have already been house trained...breed won't matter too much to me.

happatk wrote:
Ah, Robbie is such a cutie! He must be a nice bun, too, if he lets you hold him like that. ^_^

really ? ^3^;;; hold him like what ? He's nice, I've been handling since he was..I'll assume he was 6 weeks old ?
When you go to put him down or somewhere, sometimes he kicks his back legs a bit, but he's usually just calm being held. He snuggles right into the crook of your neck. :D He also likes to burrow in bosoms. >_>

He is such a cute guy! I recommend going on Petfinder to see if there are any rescues in the area that have adoptable bunnies. We have a few members from Arizona that are involved in some rescues, so I assume there must be some in New Mexico too. Welcome!

:helloand :welcome1to RabbitsOnline. I am glad you found the site. RO is a very active, friendly and helpful website devoted to rabbits and their slaves.

Robbie is a real cutie, I have a Hotot mix with similiar markings, she's a real sweetie too.

Here are some good links to areas of the site you might find interesting, the Library section, full of good reference info, Bunny Blog, where you can keep everyone up to date on your bunny and your life as a bunny slave and if you bunny would like to ask questions of other buns the Bunny Chat is the spot to be. The regional forum is a good way to find a rabbit savvy vet or to post places where you get some of your supplies for your bun etc. For the lighter side and to give you a chuckle or two stop by the go to the Let Your Hare Down section for anything but bunny's.

Here is link to the rules of the site, light reading Rabbits Online Forum Rules.

I hope I didn't overwhelm you with info. This is a wonderful site and I look forward to seeing pictures and reading some stories.

Dave

Latest posts

Back