Meet Roadrunner!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~*Midnight Moon*~

Reaction score
Welcome.

Roadrunner is a Netherland Dwarf female. I live out in the middle of nowhere, there are no houses in a 20mile radius. I first saw Roadrunner on my way home from work, maybe about 2am. There was a car parked on the side, I could only see the tail lights however. I noticed something white thrown out of the car, and right after the car took off leaving the mysterious white object in the ditch.

As I got closer I relized that white object was a rabbit! I immediatly started thinking of things I could do. I stopped maybe 10feet from the rabbit not wanting to scare it, and tried to approach it. As I got nearer she started to get scared and was thinking about taking off. Not wanting to scare her, I got back in my car and went to pick up some stuff from the house. I took one of my old nesting boxes that I put in my outdoor hutches when they were outdoors. The whole thing is enclosed except for a small opening. I filled it with Hay and took a bowl of food and water. I then headed back to the located and placed them not far from the rabbit. In curiousity the rabbit wanted to come towards the stuff but wouldn't with me there. So I left. I felt bad about leaving her there overnight. However she wouldn't let me catch her and I didn't want to scare her away into the woods.

The next morning I headed back to the spot that I found her and sure enough she was sitting in the nesting box I had brought up. I then decided I had to try and catch her. It was now light out and if she did make an escape it would be easier to follow her. I went home again and came back with a large fishing net. It was actually a lot easier having that nesting box there, because she wouldn't come out of it. SoI just placed the net over the nesting box and she was caught!

I gathered her up and took her home. I then gave her a health check to make sure it was ok for her to go in my barn with the other rabbits. She was in perfect condition. I'm going to let her settle in for a few weeks, and then I'd like to have her go to a few shows with me.

Honestly, I dont think I could ever sell this little rabbit. I watched her being thrown out of a car in the middle of nowhere in a attempt to destroy her. I honestly dont know who would want to destroy such a beautiful animal. I sure wouldn't.

[align=center]
DesisPics143.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DesisPics145.jpg
[/align]

o my o my

Why would osmeone do that?!!! shes sooo pretty!
Im glad you rescued her. I applaud you - clap clap clap =] -
Im looking forward to seeing hows shes settling in =]

Love prisca

She seems to be settling in a lot better now. This happened a few days ago. Just had time to post today. Yesterday shehad a litter of four. Makes you wonder if they knew she was pregnant and thought no one would want her so they dumped her off somewhere.

Sadly none of them survived. I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe it's the amout of stress that she has had in the last few days. Or maybe she just isn't cut out to be a mom.

Oh goodness, the poor little thing, being dumped like that, and pregnant as well :X

I'm sorry the kits didn't make it, but she sure is one lucky girl for you to have found her. She is such a pretty little thing.

Jan

Sorry the kits didnt survive but how cruel and cold hearted can a person be to dump something that pregnant like that? that person is sick.

xx

Aww this brought tears to my eye's...that poor little bunny being dumped like that and while she was pregnant!....that's just heartless and plain cruel for anyone to do that to any animal....and how can someone just dump an animal and just drive away without feeling guilty or anything.

You know i would love to push those kind's of people down a steep cliff.

The little girl was just so lucky that you happened to be driving that way at the time...maybe fate?.....she's a pretty lil thing to and just so very lucky to have a safe home now.

Argh!! People like that make me so angry!! How can anyone be so cruel to an innocent animal who can't speak up for itself???!! I can only wish really bad things on them right now!!

Roadrunner is such a beautiful girl. I'm really glad you were there at the right moment to safe her from a horrible fate.

how beautiful, some people i would love to kick thier buts, thank god you were where you were when that hap pened.

Oh my gosh what a beautiful bunny!!!! :shock:

I can't believe people would do this to a bunny.... it just makes me sick, it really does... She's so lucky that you came along and saved her! Thank you for rescuing her :hug:

What a beautiful bunny and an inspiring rescue story! I can't believe how mean people can be. Kudos to you for saving her!

ra_linie12.gif

Oh My Gosh, she's BEAUTIFUL. What a great thing you did in rescuing her.

I agree with everyone else when they say how cruel it was to discard her they way they did. Too bad you didn't get the license plate and report them, how ever much good that would do. I'd take that IDIOT who discarded her and bring them up to Canada and let them loose in a forest during mosquito and black fly season.

I love the name you gave her too.

Susan
RAB14.GIF
bunny_thumping_foot_md_clr.gif

:yeahthat:, and then roll them naked in peanut butter and sardines for the bears!

It must have been divine intervention that you were there, right at that moment. Someone up there is looking out for Roadrunner, and sent her an angel just in time: YOU!

she is precious! way to go on saving her!

Awwh thats great of you to take the beauty in! She's so pretty :p

iloveyounibbles:hearts:brownbunny:rip:

She is the cutest lil' bun! I can't believe that anyone could literally dump her like that. But I believe that there's a reason you were behind that uncaring idiot's vehicle that night, that you were meant to rescue this sweet girl and give her a loving home. In the end, it's a win-win. :D

Jenk

I hope those horrible people get what they deserve! Who throws a rabbit out into the wild?! It's an awesome thing that you noticed her! She's lucky at this point to have you. Best of luck! And she's gorgeous!

Latest posts

Back