Meet my new rats! **New pics!**

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binkies

Reaction score
Bob (hooded guy) and Remi (blue baby)

The children really loved having rats, they are a great pet and love attention. So we decided not to wait on getting another one. They do best in pairs so we have two.

BobandRemi009.jpg

BobandRemi008.jpg

BobandRemi007.jpg

BobandRemi006.jpg

BobandRemi005.jpg

BobandRemi001.jpg

I LOVEEEE your new guys :hearts. I really can't wait to hear more about them :biggrin2:! Just wait until they are big squishy lappy man rats :rofl:.

What Martin's did you end up getting again? I STILL looking at a rat cage to buy. I may end up buying a R-695, but that would cost me $160! I can get a HUGE rat/flight cage off Ebay for $110! I have space issues though, darn.

Tell your boys, to tell my boys....to bond :p!

oh! they are so cute!!!

i thought about getting a pair of rats, but my time is to consumed by the buns!

Have you walked over to your rat cage to see something like this....yet?

l_8e244f5f8b71d147dfea80c67458f3c9.jpg

Everyone loves a man rat and his goolies, hahahaha!

I LOVE ratties, and your new babies are just adorable! :inlove:

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I really want a jumbo rat!

"Jumbo rat"? Do you mean a huuuuge fat pet rat or one of those African Pouched Rats :p? lol.

I wish those Pouched rats weren't illegal in the US :grumpy:!

Yeah, the big domestic ones. The fancy ones are smaller.

I like the natural colored jumbo. I also like the blue jumbo.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Yeah, the big domestic ones. The fancy ones are smaller.

I like the natural colored jumbo. I also like the blue jumbo.

Actually, all domestic rats are "fancy". The natural color? Do you mean Agouti? I love it too.

Pinkie, Fuzzy, Small, Medium, Large, Jumbo.....those aren't terms rat people use to tell the size of their rats. Those names are usually used by "snake people" to tell the size of the rats to feed to snakes :nerves1.

There are wild rats and domesticated rats, but the term "fancy" is used by rat people to describe a domesticated rat.

Hopefully that clears it up a little bit :).

Really? I have heard a lot of people use those terms JUMBO for the larger body type - when they are mature.

Some stay small and other strains become very big as adults.

I would assume it's agouti - like wild rats are brown..... I've never looked really close at them but have seen them more often in petstores.

I'll never buy another petstore rat tho - all of them end up dying within 1 to 2 years. It's very sad :(

Yeah, I have pet store ratties. They were feeder breeder bred in Phoenix. They came from my local pet store in town, though. So far, they are healthy and alert!

I wish we had reputable breeders here in AZ, but our only one decided to stop breeding a few months ago. It is a shame.

Yep, they breed them to be feed and then they are bred down so much they are sickly and/or don't live long.

That's why I want one of the ones that comes from a large strain and I love those dark ones! They would creep out some of my inlaws so much! :devilThey freaked over the baby hooded rats! LOL! Some of them freak over the bunnies!

We had a good rat we got from a smaller petstore that got their rats from local people. She lived a LONG time and she was so cute! She would sit on the edge of a book and look at the pictures while my daughter read to her! I am not kidding! She loved to sit with her like that all the time!

Thank you! I have to admit, the rats are by far the best pet forour kids to interact with of all the animals we have.

binkies wrote:
Thank you! I have to admit, the rats are by far the best pet forour kids to interact with of all the animals we have.

Oh, I believe it. Rats are so smart and make great pets for children, but only if the child isn't the main care giver and the parent is always there when the children are playing with the ratties.

I'll have to try and see if I can get pictures of my boys later for an update. I think the last time that I took pictures of Leonidas was when he was little. He is a chunky boy now!

:biggrin2:

Yes, the kids aren't allowed to get them out without me or hubby. not even with the babysitter. and they HAVE to be seated.

Latest posts

Back