meatball, dorothy, keet and kanga.... rar!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the funniest thing was that i put them all in one big (..home made and too dang big for my place!) cage with each other-- and after they were separated the bunnies sat in one corner facing the chins, all sad. It was quite cute the bond that was formed in just one visit...So now they all live together.

Cute animals! Chins are hard to keep here, they are sort of illegal to breed in a way (I'm not sure how/why).

Is it ok to keep them together? I'd have thought the chinnies would keep the buns awake all night?

no they don't keep them awake. maybe its just me, but my chins are pretty laid back.

Yeah, its safe to keep them together.

Chins and rabbits in my experience are just fine.

I feed them separately (dif corners) so I know they're both getting the vitamins and nutrients they need.

If you're going to introduce them, the first several times, id supervise.

How can chins be "sort of illegal to breed"?

I know you cant breed some animals in some states because if they were released in the wild they wouldn't survive . (like sugar gliders..illegal in California).

But im certainly not going to stick a natural predator (one of my ferrets) in there..

I've always wanted a chin but their illegal inaustralia... had thought of hopping over to NZ so I could own them...but if u can own them but can't breed them .... how the hell does thatwork?:?

they're basically bunnies, but they use their hands. I have to chins and two rabbits. The older chin grabs the bars of the cage with his hands (almost human like ) and it looks amazing.the younger chin watches the rabbit, so it hops. Its quite out of character- but she prefers it.

They're soft as ever and so loving and active.

Aww your chinchillas and bunnies are adorable!!:bunnyheart

I've never owned a chinchilla, they seem cool!! Though I think I'll stick to my bunnies and cats :)Not that my mother would allow me to get a chinchilla anyway:rollseyes

Latest posts

Back