mean bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PepperGrl

Reaction score
A friend of mine at work has a cousin who owns alop eared bunny. She is not sure of the breed but she saysthat she got it from the pet store and they told her it could get up to15 lbs. Not sure which lops get that big but anyway... Iguess she doesn't take very good care of it (don't know the specifics)and it is 3 months old and mean. I guess it bits people andso on. I would like to save this bunny from this girl... shedoesn't want it anymore and wants to give it away. I have twoquestions... can a mean bunny become normal again if it is given a lotof love and attention... and two.. I'm scared she will be mean to mybunny Pepper who is a mini lop and the sweetest bunny I've even had(loves to give kisses and cuddle) I'm worried about adoptinga mean bunny that could be bad influence on Pepper or even hurther. I'm just wondering what everyone thinks. Anyadvice would be greatly appreciated!

Jamie

Thanks for your response. If I dodecide to adopt i will definitely try your techniques. youdefinitley have some beautiful buns. Can I ask what breed youenjoy the most? You seem to have a nice variety.And by the way... I have a female and the other bunny is a female or soI'm told.

Jamie

You're welcome ;)and thanks for thecompliments! Well I think that every breed is the same, like for looks,I have to go with Flemish, they are just soo big and fluffy :p

If I were you I would still get them fixed, females have a good chanceto get cancer if not fixed, mines still aren't fixed yet because I'mwaiting until I move and I don't have enough money right now :shock:

Yeah... I plan on getting Pepper fixed and theother bun if I decide to adopt. i just have to wait untilthey reach the right age which will be a few more months.

** " I guess she doesn't take very good care ofit (don't know the specifics) and it is 3 months old andmean. I guess it bits people and so on." **

This is probably the root toall her evil , poor baby doesnt know howto interact with people , at 3 monthsher hormones are just starting toact up she may even get worsewith out intervention , Like the oneKim just got in the otherday poor babies , I feel badfor animals who have neverknown a cuddle or smooshing ,when I look at all my babiesand hear from people I adopt them outtoo as to how bombproof they are I have to wonderhow others can beso darn mean as to notspend a few minutes of their oh soprecious time withthe rabbits .

If you take in thisrabbit expect trouble from t hestart but you can get around it withpatience and a lot of love ,she may never competely come roundbut I think she willcome round enough to stopbeing so miserable , Who knows she may bea wonderfull bunny for you .

Well, the good news is that the bun is still soyoung. I think with lots of love and socialization that buncould be a sweetie, just like your bun! It's harder to tamean older rabbit. Keep us posted!

Hugs!

Shorty, Star and Krick

I feel so bad for her... more than anything IHATE to hear about neglected animals... I'm the kind of person thatwants to save them all! I would too if my husband wouldn'tkill me :disgust: But I would really like to help this one ifI can. We are building a bigger cage for Pepper this weekend(we're gonna try the NIC cubes idea) and once we have a bigger cage.. Iam going to go visit this bun and decide whether I want toadopt. I think I probably will, it just scares me a little asfar as Pepper is concerned. i would hate to change herwonderful behavior but saving a poor bunny might be worth it:ponder: I will keep everyone posted.

Jamie

I disagree with your statement that lops tend tohave bad temperments.I raised both holland lops and minilops for yearsand they both have great temperments.bluebird

I have a mini lop now who is just over threemonths and her temperment is wonderful! Hopefully thatdoesn't change but it might when the hormones come in, but I guessspaying will help that too. By mean temperment... I mean itbites everyone and I guess it's been doing that for awhile.I've heard that the owner basically neglects the rabbit. Sherarely gets out to play and I think she only gets pellets andwater. I just don't think she is being taken care of properlyso that is probably why she is mean. But we will see thisweekend.

Latest posts

Back