Me and My Rico the Bonnie and Clyde!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricosuave

Reaction score
:bunnydance:I have to tell this story because, it really opens people up tothe passion of love for my Little Dude!!

My Rico is about 3-4years old, I really don't know, and that was a vet estimate, but I rescued him from death about a year ago...

It was the summer of '08. Its was September 12th to be exact! And he belonged to a family with very low income, and No respect for life. He was fending for his self by rumaging through the garbage and eating cat food. Which I know he is a survivor, because I still cant believe that.The person who owned him was a friend of my friendwhich left him at her house for three days with no food, no water bowl or bottle and a cage with no bedding. Very bare!! My friend brung it to my attention, because she was highly concerned, being an animal lover herself. I told her to tell the girl to let me take him, but she told me the girl dont want to give her away. So I told my friend to keep me posted daily. And I wouldnt let him die, if she didnt come get the rabbit soon, tell me and I'll take him, and make sure he finds a good home. But when I finally got him and saw his beautiful face, I just had to kepp him!! He was malnutritioned, had discolored fur and his skin was ticking very badly. I really thought he was too traumatized to come bak to regular rabbit life But I refused to give up on him like everyone else.And he was strong and so was I.

His cage was held down with nothin, and even though I had made due with no rabbit supplies, I could tell hewas still trying to cope!! I mean we went through hell and bak, With him escaping from his cage everynite, to poopin and peeing on my bed constintly, to even having to eat outside.I couldn't even bring a hot plate in my room without him jumping clean in my plate, deciding wat to eat first. But I still didnt give up. It was a week before I was able to buy him everything he needed and more. And guess what folks, Thats exactly what I did with my first unemployment chek!

I bought a starter kit and all the toys,vitamins, food, snacks, timothy hay and literature I could find.

I also held, kissed,talked and lovedhim everyday and trained him with a litterpan, bunnykabob and suking my teeth. Hefinally learned that he was at home now and can let his hare down. LOL.

After about 3 weeks, He learned that I was his mommy, friend and companion. We have been inseperable ever since. Since then he has had a wife and three beautiful children,(which he was a deadbeat about and let sum other man take care of them, a brown-spotted dwarf named Chino)

I am trying to get the money to get him fixed, because I am not able to mate him again. Everyone around him is his lineage, being my friend gave his wife away. And plus he is getting old and starting to Gray. I finally realized that my bunny Is getting old, and I want to help him live a little longer. So getting him fixed is the right thing to do. But It's like $400. But thats another Topic.LOL. I just wanted to share this story because He is the apple of my eye. Thank you for Listening. BB-xoxoxo!

IMG00116-20091115-1856.jpg

Such a beautiful bunny! RE: the cost of neutering, I remember this rescue place told me about this coupon that you purchase for a discounted rate from the House Rabbit Society page that some vet will accept. I think the one I saw was $75.00.

Latest posts

Back