Me and My 1st Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LizBuns

Reaction score
I am a new rabbit owner. Actually I had a rabbit when I was in grade school but my dad kept them outside and wouldn't let us play w/ them in the house so I had no idea how great they really are.

Anyway, I went and got a neutered boy rabbit for my boyfriend about a month ago. My cat dragged in a wild baby rabbit alive a couple months before and my boyfriend cared for it for several days before it died in his arms. He really loved it and was so sad when it died. So I got the rabbit for him and quickly fell in love with it and now he is more mine than he is my boyfriends. At least, he responds to me more because I spend more time with him and feed him and clean his cage. By the way his name is Smokey and I will add a pic within a day or two.

We slowly litter trained him and socialized him and now he is free ranging all day and night, with the exception of two closed off rooms (and we close our bedroom door at night usually cause he gets loud). I've owned animals all my life. I have two cats, one dog, three rats, and a gerbil. I used to have several serian and dwarf hamsters too. Smokey is more like the cats and the dog than any of the other pets I've owned.He gets nicer every day and we've only had him a month, so I can only imagine the type of relationship we'll develop over the next 10+ years.

I have to say that I am now a rabbit enthusiast for life. I'd really like to get a female bunny to keep Smokey company, but I doubt my boyfriend would go for it.

Welcome to RO!

Once you have seen the greatness of bunnies there's no going back :D

Can't wait to see pictures of Smokey, if you have any questions ask away!

Becca x

:hello& :welcome1to the forum! This is a great website, with a lot of helpful people and a bunch of good information.

I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about your life as a bunny slave!

Welcome to RO! Sounds like you have a wonderful rabbit!

Here is a pic of what my bunny looks like. This is not an actual picture of my bunney. I'm waiting for a cord for my camera to come in the mail so that I can download my pics of him. But he looks exactly like this bunny except he'sjust a bit bigger right now.

petite.jpg

Does anyone know what breed he is?

Welcome!! I'm new to the bunny world too. Oh! and I own rats too :)

Your little guy is adorable! you gotta post more pictures. BTW, the people here are super, mega, ultra sweet. You're gonna love it here. I know I do.

And again, WELCOME!!!

I have 8 rats now. 6 girls & 2 boys. :)

Your hun bun is ADORABLE! My girl was an impulse buy. I know that's a BIG no no but there was something about her that got me. I adore her and don't know what I would do w/out her. She makes me happy and is making the recent (as in yesterday) loss of 2 ratsmuch easier on me.

I guess somethings were meant to be and I think I was meant to get Noodle.

Welcome to RO :D
aww smokey is soo cute :inlove:
daisy
xoxo

Latest posts

Back