May litters?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kez-bunniemom

Reaction score
I love sharing litters growing up!
My doe Honey had a litter of 5 on the 6th.
She is a sooty fawn dwarf lop and Bob, the buck is a black and white speckled dwarf lop.
One of the bunnies looks to be like it's father, i just love the whole experience of bringing the babies up to be tame, happy and healthy.
Anyone else?
Share!!

My Sandy Flemish Giant Antoinette had 12 kits with 11 surviving last week and the other doe I bred this spring Olwyn had 2 kits. So Olwyn is helping Antoinette out a little lol.

Here's Antoinette:

antoinette.jpg

Here's Olwyn

olwyn.jpg

and here's the dad of the two litters Gabrielle:

Gabrielle.jpg

Both Litters were born on the 5th and I already have a few sold! lol I just love my Flemmie babies, there's nothing cutier than an animal that as a babyhas to grow into it's ears and feet!:bunnydance:

My dwarf babies ears don't lop until about 6 weeks so they go around with ears that are sticking up and too big for them! It's so adorable :) When their ears do finally flop, they look really confused and shake their head until they are used to it.

Hey, flemishr2cool, those are some nice looking Flemish. I raise light greys, whites, and soon blacks and steels. I haven't had any show wins yet, but I have some really promising young'uns I'm planning non showing this fall.

Actually, I'm central, just a litle off to the right when you look at the map! LOL I am assuming you mean Eau Claire,Minnesota, right? That might be a little far for me to go, I only do one day shows because I have very small children. Thanks for inviting me, though!

A picture of my new litter, only the nest though the camera was being stupid about focusing. You can just see the head of one, he/she looks just like Bob. I apologise for the bad quality.More pictures as they grow up. :)

xnyq1v.jpg

Some pictures of Cadbury i took at the same time. I am trying to mate her with her father Bob, hopefully i will get some more solid colours.

xnytf9.jpg

This is her cleaning her face :) Honey, her mother is in the background.

xnytxj.jpg

xnyvww.jpg

This is a baby from my last litter, do you know what her colour is called?

xnywd2.jpg

This is Licorice, another from the last litter, looks just like Bob. So adorable, he went to a new home just down the road from me, i visit ;)

xnyx6b.jpg

xnyxld.jpg

Lots of pictures :D I'm so proud of them all.

Some of the latest pictures of litter. They will be 2 weeks old on saturday

102m8op.jpg

This is Echo, one of the light grey speckled babies.

102mgpf.jpg

Flake,the one solid colour in the litter

102mhcz.jpg

Kit-kat, like his daddy. I would call him Bob Jr but we have already had two Bob Jr's in the past.

102mhy1.jpg

I think that will be the last picture for the moment, it takes a long time to put them all through tinypic and the post them

Yesterday Sport blessed us with a litter of 6. All 6 are doing well and I'm so happy.

Sport is a vienna-marked harlequin lionhead (doublemane) - she has one blue eye and one brown eye. Because she is vienna-marked, I bred her to Frodo, a blue eyed white buck. She had three black ones (one of which is definitely vienna marked) and I think three that are probably light colored harlequins....I don't know for sure yet.

Anyway - I just had to share....I'm so tickled about them.

I also have babies from April that I may share pictures of in another thread later on....I've just been SO busy!

Peg

I adore lionheads! My small Lop arrangement isd oing so well i really hope to move onto another breed later on.Lionheads would be my first choice, I love them!
You'd better post some pics!

Lionheads are my favorite breed (nobody tell Tiny that....he's my Flemish Giant who acts as "The BunFather" to the herd even though he's neutered).

One of Sport's babies got out of the nest box and got hurt. It looks like it will make it - but it won't have ears (or muchof ears).

When we found it last night - part of me wanted to "let it go"....I've never had this happen before and I couldn't even look at it or touch it. But my kids warmed it up and loved on it and got it cleaned up a bit and put it back with the litter and mama nursed it and accepted it again.... My daughter (my kids are 21) made me hold it today (she tricked me) and I cried and cried....poor little baby. Of course it will always have a home here with us....

Anyway - here are some happier pictures - of my April babies that are growing up here in May!

A harlequin lionhead being fostered to the mom of Puck's (Holland Lop) babies

Peek-a-boo

and from the other end of the monitor...a littermate!

Of course - the best one in the litter is non showable(color). I believe from what I've been told that this is a sable point marten

I just love the wide face and little ears - this is what I'm trying for w/ my rabbits.....

This is the pick of the litter below - of course it turns out to be a BUCK when I wanted a doe!

Mom is a vienna marked siamese sable (bred to a sable point marten dad)....you can see the snip of white on one nose. The pick of the litter is the middle baby.

This is an interesting litter. I bred black otter to black otter and came up with....black otter, chocolate otter, blue otter and.....chocolate tort otter (which looks like orange). You can see here how the chocolate tort otter is already practicing the bunny butt move!

At first I'd thought the blue otter was a lilac otter...oh well! Hey...at least I got chocolate otter!

Toys? We get toys? We thought we just got to chew on each other's fur!

Hope you enjoyed the photos!

Peg

Oh man... every nerve in my body is going I WANT BABIES I WANT BABIES... But my brain is telling NO NO NO NO NO NO... I want baby bunnies soo bad :(...hehe but it'll never happen:banghead. It's so easy to fall in love with little angels like those:tongue:

I guess I'll have to be content with the pictures.. :sigh:

We have BABIES again! When we went to Nationals, we brought back some does - most of which were bred before we got them...and now the kindling time is arriving..

Mossy Possum's Ava - a double mane siamese sable doe had four babies this morning. Then, this afternoon, Mossy Possum's Acacia(double mane REW doe) had six babies!

We still have more does to go...but I'm so excited.

Peg

May hasn't been a good month for us -- I'm hoping for better luck in June.

Most of my Holland babies were born dead, however, I do have a healthy litter of 3. Matthew had a litter of 1 Dwarf Hotot.Three were born this morning, but mom was over zealous in cleaning them off and ate off their ears, tails and legs. I found them all still alive and wriggling :( It was the most horrific, pitiful thing I've ever seen.

Matthew's New Zealand had 1 baby last night on the wire. I palpated her and knew there were more to come, but no progress last night. I was surprised that she had 4 more healthy babies in the box this morning and appears to be caring for them. The baby born on the wire is also doing well.

Pam

Latest posts

Back