Maxine got her 3rd leg...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
Max finally got her 3rd leg. YAY! Now she won't need to be drug around to shows and can stay home and have babies. :)

Our new Polish doe is really cute! We picked her up at the show yesterday, and entered her in the show just to get opinions. She has quite a few hutch stains (her feet are horrible, and the urine stains come up across her tail and back side). All that aside, she got BOS (out of a very small class). Unfortunately Kitty was chit-chatting during the judging, so hopefully when I dig through the comment cards I can find something useful. LOL

Abby got a DQ the first show. He said she had a mis-marked toenail, when in actuality it was just dirt (from being in the Xpen). lol

Frostie won her 6/8 doe class, but one rabbit short of a leg. She almost got BOB, but then he says, "She's out of condition." Which all of us found funny because the BOB doe was molting so badly she had hair flying off her just sitting there. Frostie only had a few hairs come free when he was posing her. But, in all honesty, I didn't feel like she should have won the class, either...but I think the judge was pooped by this point (second show, last class).

We only took a couple, because the rest are having babies or getting a break. I didn't take Boo, because she already got her 3rd leg and this was the third show in row. Now no more shows until the 16th.

West Wind's Rabbitry now has 2 GCs, in a breed that is lucky sometimes to even get a leg with. :)

Congratulations on all your wins!!

Sometimes "out of condition" is more than just fur quality. A molt is usually excused (unless the class comes down to two like animals and one has a fantastic coat). Or if it's a breed where fur is worth a lot of points. Otherwise, flesh condition is probably the cause. A rabbit that's out of flesh will feel rougher or sometimes "flabby". Molts can cause it, stress (shows) can cause it, diet can cause it. But it's one of those things a judge will definitely feel that we may not see over the table. :) That could've been what he meant!

Congrats on 2 GCs! Can you post a pic of your new Polish doe? I am dying to see her!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! Our first show for this season is this weekend. Im pretty excited to see what my convention bunnies get!

Latest posts

Back