Matted foot fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleb06

Reaction score
I’m wondering if anyone has dealt with this and suggestions on dealing with it. My male Holland is pretty fluffy and I’m noticing the fur on his feet is getting pretty matter and like most bunnies he doesn’t like his feet touched!

Attachments

• FF38001E-C388-49F7-9EA2-E155E6FA573C.jpeg
    FF38001E-C388-49F7-9EA2-E155E6FA573C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
If there are big clumped matt's, you could try gently teasing them out. You just don't want to be too aggressive doing it and end up with a bald sore spot. But if he's difficult to groom, this may not be feasible. If it's not really causing any problems for him, I would leave it and just keep an eye on it. Come spring it will usually just shed out with the molting fur.

If there are big clumped matt's, you could try gently teasing them out. You just don't want to be too aggressive doing it and end up with a bald sore spot. But if he's difficult to groom, this may not be feasible. If it's not really causing any problems for him, I would leave it and just keep an eye on it. Come spring it will usually just shed out with the molting fur.
Thanks JBun! I’ve cut a few out before but he’s so fluffy it makes me nervous I will hurt him. Waiting for the molt makes sense! And easier too :)

Ohhhhh NONONONO…. Molting this spring!!!??? It just seems like it’s finally getting to be less and now I have to go through this again in the spring?😱😵‍💫🥴🤔Minx you are lucky I love you soooo much!,♥️💕❤️💗😘😘😍🐇🐇

I’m wondering if anyone has dealt with this and suggestions on dealing with it. My male Holland is pretty fluffy and I’m noticing the fur on his feet is getting pretty matter and like most bunnies he doesn’t like his feet touched!
Soo fluffy and cute - I love their hind feet 🥰👀🐾😆😂

Back