Mating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HazelSocks

Reaction score
I have a miniature buck, Socks,and adwarf doe, Hazel. They seem to get along fine, and since neither ofthem are fixed yet I keep constant supervision. But guess what - Socksdoesn't seem to be interested in mating with Hazel at all! He eats someof her whiskers, and they nuzzle each other a bit, but that's all. Isit because they're different kinds of bunnies? Can you breed a dwarfwith a miniature? (I don't want to, but I want to know if it's possibleand if this is the reason for the buns' disinterested behavior!)

Thanks, and sorry if it's a bit of a stupid question! :D

Noquestion is a stupid one ...

..and YES then can make babies...so use EXTREME caution when letting them out together..

since they seem to get along well, i would recommend at leasthaving the female spayed and then you can bond them and they can livetogether and be together all the time!

""and since neither of them are fixed yet I keep constant supervision. ""

Yes that is exactlly what she said ,

Welcome to the forum first off .

secondly You didnt mention how old the 2 ofthem were , this could play ahuge part of the reason they arenot even trying to mate . If both of them are under5 months they wont be ready to breed for at least 4more weeks , or you actually have 2 ofthe same sex rabbits. orpossibly before you got them ( if older ) One wasalready altered .

I will not sit here throughanotherroundof accusationsand crap we had going on here a fewmonths ago . Where every time a newmember asked a breeding question someoneASSUMED the worse. Ask Pertenentquestions first , Getthe whole story .Wehave been down this road before and Iwould like to think Some of US grewup enough and Learnedenough from past experiences to seek outevery posible answer before jumping to conclusions .

Remember one thing : Glass houses tend to get shattered by the owner inside.

One of my males also never fully developed andapparently has no sex drive. That's a possibility also, althoughprobably pretty remote.

Rose

Latest posts

Back