Mating Behavior?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlopsnWills

Reaction score
I have a neutered pair that have just recentlybonded after about a year and a half of knowing each other. Everythingis going great.. however they still have seperate living quarters, dueto me not being able to trust them unsupervised. We just have onelittle problem, my mini rex (the more dominant one) loves William alittle too much.. he's constantly circling him and buzzing around himand wanting to be lovers. I'm okay with it, and so is William, exceptCharlie is peeing on him!! I don't know what to do because I loveseeing them bonded, but Charlie will not stop peeing on him.. ithappens at least twice a day. I doubt William appreciates the urineshowers, and I don't appreciate them all over my carpet. What do I do?Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I'd say keep at it.....Our two rabbits werebonded after 2 years of living next to each other....They both wantedthe dominant roll and it sees to be pretty even now. OccasionallyHarley (left side of my pic)will try to mount Wrigley (right side) andhe grabs his fur....not quit ripping it out....just enough so it getinfected underneath and need to see the vet. This has happen 3 times inthe last year. Normally we break them up before he gets ahold of thefur. So until I can trust them with each other 100%, theywill live in their seperate cages and only be let out together whenthey can be supervised.

Harley has" Knock on wood" been pretty mellow about mounting wrigle for awhile now.

How old are your bunnies???? Especialy the one who is peeing? Neutured?

Wrigley was about 6 months when he used to circle my feet buzzing theentire time....He'd run figure 8's between my legs and eventuallySprayed me, the wall, the sofa, coffee table, carpet. Hejumped in the air and did alittle Spinkler Spin in mid air with hisbutt in the air.....SPRAYING everything.....two days later he wasneutured...never happend again.

Yes, they're both neutered and have been for avery long time. William will be 3 in January, and was neutered at 4months. Charlie is around 3 1/2 or 4, he was a rescue and was neuteredbefore I got him.

Jordi- I'm glad I could give you a laugh at work,I wouldprobably laugh too if it wasn't going on in my bedroom :vomit:

Sorry Flopsn, Jordi, I was almost laughing here at work too.

I know how frustrating that must be. Snuffles, who I'm tryingto get litter trained, (was neutered just over a month ago now) peeswhenever I let him out, which is only during cage cleaning at the timeb/c he won't stop doing it. I don't know if it b/c mine ishis 3rd home here in the past 5 months or what. I really hopehe stops it soon, I really want to bond w/ him andbond him w/my other rabbit, Angel. I really haven't even gotten to knowthe real him yet. At least he lets me hold and snuggle him. :D

That is really weird, them being neutered for so long andall. Maybe they're major territorial! I'm suresomeone will be along to give some more advise. ;)

Latest posts

Back