Marlin & Brody's new Super Pet GIANT cages!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergunfire

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I finally got the NIC cages all torn down! Phew...that was tough work!! The boys really seem to be loving their cages. I know I am going to like all of the space that these cages free up...especially when we move into our new house (which has a smaller bunny room). Their litter boxes fit just fine - even Brody's, which is an over sized cat box. One thing that I think will be a pain is having to get down onto the floor to feed/water/pet/etc....for Marlin's cage. With the NIC cages, I just reached down in because they didn't have tops. This is something I will need to get used to!

Brody is very terrible about being held. We bonded a lot when he just went through stasis recently. So, I am hoping by him being up off the ground, he can get used to me more face-to-face and get used to being picked up to be put into/taken out of his cage.

Ohhh....
Standard 3 cube x 2 cube NIC: 42" long x 28" wide x (however tall you make it).
Super Pet Giant: 47" long x 24" wide x 24" tall.

Anyway....PICTURES :bunnydance:!!!

4012803055_be042f51a1.jpg

4012803067_33e0972db6.jpg

4012803065_39036aed91.jpg

4012803105_6a1583650e.jpg

4013576798_ac78f1e878.jpg

4012809821_a743df411d.jpg

4012810381_29e912d117.jpg

4012810107_406d6c27f2.jpg

I plan to sew up some "cage pads" & use velcro to keep them down on the cage. The shelves are very slippery for bunnies, so having a "gripy" surface will be a lot better/safer for them.

Oh! I didn't use the ramps because they were stupid. They were about 6" wide...barely big enough for buns. They just didn't need them ;).

So, we will see how things go with these cages over the next few days :biggrin2:!

The cages look great! What do the buns think? I would like to put cage pads in my guys' cages, but they would pee on the and chew them up. So bare cage bottom it is. One little thing... I'm concerned about the hanging Slinkies. My bunnies are so klutzy that they would probably get tangled up in the Slinkies. Just be careful!

Oh wow look at the room u made for them. Cages look great!!! All the things they have to play with ...they r so spoiled.
*Pats on the Back*

I used to have hanging slinkies in my cages, until I read about someone else's bunny getting caught in one. Now, they only get slinkies under supervision.

My rabbits have always had hanging slinkies :?. Marlin plays with his all the time, not so much Brody though. What kind of toy hangs that that will bounce back like that??

Thank you to those who commented on the actual cage! They seem pretty settled into them this morning....Brody's making messes :p.

They look wonderful! I love the green one. I haven't been using the shelf in Amber's cage but now I'm going to give it a try. Your guys look like they are really enjoying it!

I love it! I especially like the 2nd level on one side. Where'd you get your hay rack? I have a rack of sorts from home depot but it's really shallow and doesn't hold a lot. Yours looks really good!

kirbyultra wrote:
Where'd you get your hay rack?!

Thanks, guys :biggrin2:! The boys are still doing well in their cages! We are going down to Phoenix on November 8th and there is a rabbit store down there. I am going to pick up new toys for everyone!

Helen....I got the hay racks from Ikea! Best $3 I ever spend ;).

RexLovables wrote:
do your rabbits dig in the cage? or eat the rugs> i might put one in Butterscotches cage
Brody likes to dig in his cage...but he mainly digs around in his litter box, which is irritating, LOL. Mine don't chew the blankets/rugs, but you definitely need to watch out for them starting to do so.

What does IKEA sell those racks as? Is it in the kitchen area or bathroom area? $3 is a steal!!! I'll buy 2 of them if I find them. Kirby keeps eating his hay rack (willow) and Toby can't ever get enough hay in his current one. The one you have is excellent!

kirbyultra wrote:
What does IKEA sell those racks as? Is it in the kitchen area or bathroom area? $3 is a steal!!! I'll buy 2 of them if I find them. Kirby keeps eating his hay rack (willow) and Toby can't ever get enough hay in his current one. The one you have is excellent!
I found them in the kitchen section :biggrin2:!

Nice cages Amy.

I worry that the one on the top may toppleover if Brody runs or jumps too much in the cage, I guess I'm just a worry wart. LOL

What are theose racks called? I went online to see if they have them Canada:Canada small: at our Ikea.

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back