Marlin and Brody got new cages (again)!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergunfire

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
They are 4 panels long x 2 panels wide and 3 panels high with double doors :). I definitely think they are loving them right now! The SP Giant cages were great, but they just weren't working out for them anymore - Marlin had started to become cage aggressive and Brody was just getting bored in the space. I knew they needed a much larger space (even though I didn't want cages taking up the entire room) I decided to suck it up and give them a big space. I should have done it sooner because it really doesn't take up that much space, even though its bigger then the SP Giants.

After Ryan and I get back from dinner, I am going to move the rats into Marlin's old SP Giant cage and then that will set up on top of the new cube cages. This will leave an entire corner of the room free of cages so I can finally put a comfy chair in there as a hang out spot for me :biggrin2:. I have always wanted to bunny room to be less "cagey" and more comfy...so its getting closer!!

4357919166_5d71fd2af1.jpg

4357172949_f106bf227f.jpg

Great work! Looks awesome.

Can you tell me how you're holding the hay in place?

I put mine in a tray and unfortuantely they sit on the hay while they eat it and pee all over it!

Does hanging it up like that create much of a mess? (Loose bits of hay falling everywhere etc?

Wow Amy those look great. I kinda wish I could go back sometimes but hubby won't go for it in other ways I love the Pet Giant.

Luckily with only one but Storm has free rome of the bedroom all day only sleeps in his cage at night.

Hope they enjoy those better.

amy I really need a couple of cage liners for Storm Hint Hint Wink wink. would do anything for a couple.

l.lai wrote:
Great work! Looks awesome.

Can you tell me how you're holding the hay in place?
Thank you :D!

I got those hay racks from Ikea. They are in the kitchen hardware section. I guess they are meant to hang on a metal bar to hold silverware. I think mine were $3 (US dollars) or so. The best thing about them is that they have this little metal tray in the base of them that catches all of the "hay dust" :bunnydance:. Of course some hay does fall out, but the majority of it just catches in that tray. You can put a piece of cardboard on the back of it to make hay doesn't come out of the back, if you want.

---------

Kat.....I'm finally free and clear of orders (those stinkin rat cage liners took me ages). I was actually going to try to trace out the SP Giant shelves, so I can make liners for mine for the ratties. I'm going to work on that tomorrow after work and I will let you know how they turn out. I'm also going to make up some base pads for it. So...once I have all of the measurements I will be able to help you out :).

I never thought of that!!

Any chance you can get some close up shots of it so i can check if they stock it in Australian Ikea's? Or even if you can get the name of the Ikea product?

Thanks!

Here is a smaller version of the ones that I have for Marlin and Brody. I can't find the same ones that they have on the site...but maybe they have them in the stores? I actually have this smaller one for Molly and it works good...I just need to refill it more often.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10072647

That's on the US site, but if you go on the Australian site it will be in the kitchen section and in kitchen organizer, then into wall & workspace organizers.

Aww!! Thank you, Braelynn :).

They sure are loving it! I woke up this morning to a whole lot of poop kicked out of Brody's cage...probably because Morgan and him have been having poop wars :rollseyes.

undergunfire wrote:

---------

Kat.....I'm finally free and clear of orders (those stinkin rat cage liners took me ages). I was actually going to try to trace out the SP Giant shelves, so I can make liners for mine for the ratties. I'm going to work on that tomorrow after work and I will let you know how they turn out. I'm also going to make up some base pads for it. So...once I have all of the measurements I will be able to help you out :).
[/quote]

I would really like you to show the velcrow into the mats so I can get them to stay as Storm seems to dig all the time Shoot me a PM when they are done and You can give me a price I will want two and I would like them both to be white so I can bleach them

Latest posts

Back