Marking Baby Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dublinperky

Reaction score
I was wonding if there was a way I could mark one of the bunnies with a washable marker or something. I am wanting to make a slide show of one where I take a picture of it everyday for the first few months of its life to show how it grows. Does anyone have expirence with something like marking it. I don't want to do anything permant just something that I would be able to tell which bunny it was so I could use the same one every time.

Aly!:)

You can use a black permanent marker ("sharpie pen"). It's really not permanent... between mom and siblings it will disappear in a 4-5 days. (So every couple of days, you can "freshen" it up.)

I don't know how safe it would be, but maybe some red nail polish on a back toenail? I say on the back to minimize any chance that they will chew it.

Like Blue Giants, I use a permanent marker and color a dot on the ones I want to keep an eye on. She is right, you will need to redo it after a few days.

Sharon

I do tattoo a small dot or line in a baby's right ear if I have to foster it to another litter. (Especially if it's a black baby and the foster litter has blacks in it!)

Latest posts

Back