Marital Issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnybunbunb

Reaction score
After Becca got spayed she wanted nothing to do with Mousse, it broke Mousse's heart andshe got horny. Her vaginal area as swollen and red,she was running around with her tail up and when petted she was raising.After 2 times outside together, strange place, Becca was ok with her again and Mousse went out of "lust" ;)

It has been around 2 weeks that they have been back together and everything had been fine, until today. Mom said they had been fighting while I was in the workshop, she said she thought it as Becca, as always. Five minutes after I walk in the door I hear it. 10 minutes later again. Then again, it was just a chasing sound. The last time Moussey squeeled so I knew I had to seperate them :(I had just moved Z beside them too. I go to let Becca and Mousse have play time out while I divided the pen and Beccastarted chasing Mousse andbiting Z through the gate! Final strall!

I get Becca and let her loose and after fighting with Mousse, it's normal :twitch:and results in 1-5 scratches, I get a hold of her and check her over. She has a place on her cheek. I did a short exam and what did I find? Signs of "lust" again. Her vaginal area is all swollen and red. So we find the reason for Becca's pissed-off-ness, hormones.

I believe I HAVE found a new vet, I have yet to talk to them as I only found them today however their site links off to a page about rabbits and surgeries so they must do them. I plan to call monday and see how they do things, however they are an hour and half away. I would love to go and spend the day in Ashland but it will be a few months, depending on the price before I could afford to pay for the surgery, gas and eats to go. I would like to get Mousse and Z neutered at the same time if possible.

Has anyone else delt with this? Advise? What do you think the possibility is of putting them back after her hormones or normal? I am guessing Z caused this. He is not yet 4 months but he is male so I think Mousse felt it and go "ready".They had not been kept beside each other till after the fighting started so his being by them is not the cause.

Latest posts

Back