Manny the Terrible

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theilian

Reaction score
I have 2 guinea pigs Kika and Kobe. They(especially Kobe) have been getting alone fine with Manny so far. Butsince Wed, Manny has been chasing them.

I don't know what exactly happens. Manny approaches guinea pigs andsoon hell breaks out. I don't think piggies are being bitten, but theysure don't like it. Kobe the pregnant one chatters her teeth.

Any explanation?

Hi Theilian,

Manny's coming of age and asserting himself more. His hormones are having an effect on his behavior.

That's my guess.

-Carolyn

hi thealin i to have a guinea pig when i boughtmy bunny (lyla) i thought i could keep the 2 together hahahahahaeverthing was fine for about 3 weeks and thenone day lyla woke up andsaid get out get out get out.so i had to buy her her own cage.sincethen if lyla is out and i let miss pig out lyla chases andterrorizes her. rabbits are very territorial your buns hormones musthave kicked in.

as for lyla she has declared the house lylonia where she and only she can be:p

theilian wrote:
Ihave 2 guinea pigs Kika and Kobe. They (especially Kobe) have beengetting alone fine with Manny so far. But since Wed, Manny has beenchasing them.

I don't know what exactly happens. Manny approaches guinea pigs andsoon hell breaks out. I don't think piggies are being bitten, but theysure don't like it. Kobe the pregnant one chatters her teeth.

Any explanation?

It's actually sometimes not a very good idea to houserabbits and guinea pigs together, or even let them have play time inthe same vicinity. Besides the fact that guinea pigs have a vitamin Cdefiiciency and need special pellets which a rabbit really shouldn'teat (and if they're in the same cage, I can't think of a way to keepthe rabbit from their food), rabbits are much larger than guinea pigsand can cause a great deal of damage to them with only one swift kickor a mere bite.

It'd be a better idea to house the guinea pigs and rabbits separately.Especially since one of the piggiesis pregnant.

If Manny is a fairly young rabbit, he may be coming of age, likeanother reply mentioned. To help ease behavioral problems, you can getManny neutered.

guinea pigs cant produce thier ownvitamin c they dont have a deficency. and yes they do require guineapig food with vitamin c in it.

Latest posts

Back