Mamma passed away leaving 9 kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne Armstrong

Reaction score
My mamma bunny has passed away leaving 9 babies, they are now 4 days old and not taking much milk, my biggest problem is one has no tail or movement in its back legs. I don't have much hope for them to be honest but I'm doing my best with advise from my local vet, also I have mamma nest for them but they seem to get cold almost every night, what's any advise people can give please as I want to do my best for them

If they’re getting cold then they won’t take much milk and they will get weaker and weaker. Its sort of a vicious cycle. Honestly, in our experience, if you don’t have another nursing doe or know someone who does, there isn’t much hope.

What milk formula are you feeding them and what method of feeding are you using (eg needleless syringe , dropper)? Are you keeping them indoors and is the nest made from hay with a pile of the mom's fur covering them to help insulate them? Have you tried providing a heat pack under just part of the nest?

I had mum's whole nest, they were in my bedroom and I was feeding them a kitten milk the vet recommended, I helped the do their business and they were gaining weight but then took a turn for the worst. I did all I could. Just not the same without my gorgeous girl x

Latest posts

Back