male or female???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoecat6

Reaction score
I am going to a rabbit show on saturday and amhoping to find a young flemish. I am wondering on if I should have apreference on whether or not to get a male or female. Either way itwill be fixed when old enough. Is there a personality differencebetween the males and females of the flemish?

Hi Zoe I just got a Flemish today. I already hada male Dutch and I have read that getting a female with a male isbetter. A female/male pair is more suffecient than a female/female ormale/male, but that is what I read.

It's true that opposite sex pairs tend to get along better, even after altering, then same sex pairs.

I find that males are big babies and females are a bit moreindependent. I honestly thing that flemish in general are bigon getting tons of attention, but from what I was told, males are moreinto you.

When I was debating what sex flemish to get, Carolyn told me: If youwant a baby, get a male, if you want a girlfriend, get a female.

Jen

I already have neutered rabbits of both sexesthat are doing well together. I am just wondering if a maleor a female is more loving towards the owner. Also I amnot understanding the statement "if you want a babyget a male, if you want a girlfriend get a female" , by girlfriend doyou mean to another rabbit? I am rapidly using up allofthe available rabbit space in my home, so I justwant to make a good decision because this will probably have to be mylast addition.:( After reading all of the flemish postings onthis board I am really exited and hoping to find a baby available thissaturday. I don't know of any breeders locally and thisrabbit show coming up seems like my best chance (the flyerIreceived in the mail mentions flemish giants being there).

In the normal order of to-be bondings it'smale/female, female/female and at the bottom of the charts male/male,which is rare even when neutered.

I'd pick a male, they're generally nicer and more "loveable"

Ellie

I had both a male and a female. Athenawas reserved and independent. Apollo is a love bug that wants snuggles24/7. I would get a male.

Tina

Latest posts

Back