Male or Female?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlie

Reaction score
I'm not sure whether to get a male or femalerabbit. One of the plus sides of getting a male is that that neuteringisa lot less inexpensive than spaying. But, what I wanted toask is, is there a behavior difference between males and females? Isone gender more aggressivethan the other? Do male or femaleslike "human contact" better?? Or is there no differenceand itvaries from rabbit to rabbit?Are there any 'pros and cons' toeach gender? Just wanting to make sure that I choose the perfect bunnyfor me!!:)

Thanks in advance!!:)

Each gender, and each individual, has it's ownpros and cons. I don't think either gender is more "peoplefriendly" as I have a boy and a girl bunny who both beg for petting andattention all the time. Baby rabbits always seem cuddly andfriendly, but often change when they hit puberty a few weekslater. If you want to choose a bunny that suits yourpersonality, your best bet is to meet several spayed/neutered rabbitsat shelters and choose from them. Baby rabbits always seemcuddly and friendly, but often change when they hit puberty a few weekslater.

Thanks for the reply! I thought it probably just depended on the rabbit, but I wasn't sure.

Latest posts

Back