Malaclusion

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy Well i was checking my rabbits and gettingthem ready for show and trying to get them in the right positon iflipped one over and its teethe were preety bad and my dad said youmight be able to cut that. What is the best thing to do withmalaclusion?
Sam:bed::phone:

You probably need to cut them so they can eatproperly. The teeth will wear odd and cause problems withtheir biting ans chewing.

Ed

I would suggest seeing a vet firstbefore you cut the rabbits teeth. When I was younger we had a rabbitwho had malaclusion and she had to be brought to the vet to have herteeth clipped like once a month. I know that there are some people whoclip their rabbits teeth themselves but I wouldnt risk it if you haventdone it before. Maybe have the vet show you how to do it that way youdont have to pay tons of vet bills? Heh just a suggestion :D

~Amy

Someone on here posted pictures of clippingteeth. They were very good instructions. I have hadto clip teeth every so often, and it's not really that big of adeal. I used to use a cutter exactly like what was picturedby the person who sent in the pictures. However, then I gotone of those clippers used to cut the teeth on baby pigs ... not as bigand cumbersome.

Back