Making a sound every now and then?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nut

Reaction score
My bunny (4 1/2 months) made this sound last night, very short amount of time, and she's done it about once before a while ago. I had her out running on my bed, and as she was running, she made this really weird sound. She may have been just trying to catch her breath, but it almost sounded like a snort-wonking sounded. Almost a light version of a snore, or breathing through a kazoo or in through a harmonica. I just want to make sure her lungs are okay, and it isn't her breathing...I don't think she was mad at me, she was licking me, climbing on me,and in one of her better moods toward me last night.

Sounds like a normal sound for a bun.

If she's not hurt or in distress, it's probably just bunnie-talk.

One of my buns is very vocal and sound like a little car that can't get her engine started :)....especially when she's eating or running around.

lol, glad to hear. That's almost what she sounds like. Today, she was chasing my hand playfully in circles (she's never done that before so much!) making the sound constantly. I think it is just bunny talk. Thanks! :)

Sounds like someone has entered puberty and has chosen you for her mate! That's what the circling is, and many rabbits honk, oink, or grunt when they do this.

Some buns won't make a peep ever, but others are very vocal. Some will growl, especially hormonal, cage aggressive girls. Depending on the rabbit, the noises can mean different things. My foster bun is very vocal and squeaks in fear, but also makes a wide range of squeaks, grunts, and oinks while playing, grooming, and eating her favorite foods.

Latest posts

Back