Making a playpen?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenity

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on making my ownplaypen? Where can I get some materials and what not? Does anyone havepictures of their homemade play pen for ideas? Thanks everyone!!

Mine is huge but it is for bonding. You can do it smaller.

100_7203.jpg

100_7199.jpg

Give me 20 minutes and I will build some different ones for you to see.

Ooo! I really like this! Where did you buy those things?

I know many people here like to use the NICCubes you can get them from Target for a fairly diescent price I thinkthey come in many colors but if you do decide to go with the NIC Cubesmake sure you do not get the ones that are powder coated (Theyhave a rubber coating on them)

I belive one box of them will make a pretty big play pen for your bunny to:jumpingbunny:in.

Okay thanks for the heads up! Ones that are not rubber coated will just be metal correct?

NIC can be bought at Target and Walmart.

Here is a picture of the box. (I bought them at Target)

100_7556.jpg

100_7555.jpg

Here is also more pens I just made.

3x3x2

100_7551.jpg

100_7552.jpg

3x4x2

100_7554.jpg

100_7551.jpg

Thats awesome! Thanks you for showing me the box and everything!! I can wait to go pick some up !!!

Any time. Figured the box might help.

Oh and one more thing! :) If you usezip ties (from Home Depot etc.) to hold the panels together (instead ofthe connectors it comes with), you'll be able to fold it away easily.

I plan on adding zipties eventually. After bonding... Till than it is changed often all depending my bonding needs.

I also have pens for my rabbits with the NIC grids. They are cheap and very effective.

You may need to get more than one box. I would think two boxes startingout is a great deal. You never know if you need to make your pen 3panels high because of a naughty bunny:disgust.

My pens...

bunroomsnowpuff%20019.jpg

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

I used NIC grids (without the connectors) tobunny-proof the computer room. They are pretty flexible, so Iam able to "bend" them around however I like:

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

I over-lapped the grids a bit so they fit under the desk.

Latest posts

Back