Magpie?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnybunbunb

Reaction score
Ok, so Chess is AaB-C-Ddejej and she was bred toa chestnutAaB-C-D-Ee. She had five. I THOUGHT it was b/o harle, two b/f harles, chestnut harle, and a black(hidden harle), but for days now I have been questioning it. The two "blue harles" have big white places on their face. I thought maybe the sire carried BEW/mismark. Today I checked them and I swear they are white and "grey". Their white is not getting orange/fawn coloring. So that makes them Magpie.

My genetics are limited. I know much of the basic and how many genes work but ej, chl/ch and steel are all ones I am still limited on. I thought Magpie required the chin gene? Is it probable to think Chess(long line of tris) or the sire(possible squirrel sibling but I am not 100% sure) gave them the chin gene? Or am I totally wrong about the chin gene being needed?

I can not get their colors on camera properly yet.

bunnybunbunb wrote:
My genetics are limited. I know much of the basic and how many genes work but ej, chl/ch and steel are all ones I am still limited on. I thought Magpie required the chin gene? Is it probable to think Chess(long line of tris) or the sire(possible squirrel sibling but I am not 100% sure) gave them the chin gene? Or am I totally wrong about the chin gene being needed?

I can not get their colors on camera properly yet.
Magpies can also be undesirable shaded cchl.

Latest posts

Back