Magnet and Smores

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amundb

Reaction score
We got Magnet from the pet store at the mall atthe end of September, so we're guessing he's about 4 months old orso. We love his many different colored spots...one spot onhis mouth, the back of his neck is a lighter brown, his ears are adarker brown, a black dash pattern down his back, and if he holds histail down, there's gray down there. He loves cardboard,doesn't like carrots, and looks to get into trouble...mainly by hoppingup on the couch and pooping on purpose. He also likes pants,feet, and sweatshirt hood strings. He lives in his own littlemansion in the apartment, and gets to come out for hours at a time whenDaddy gets home from work. He can also be the most annoyingbunny in the world if he wants to come out and can't by grabbing holdof the wire of the cage and shaking with all his might (we have to keepthe door shut with wire). He loves lounging around...hisfavorite spot to flop is right in front of the front door on theceramic tile. He's got a little leash and a sweater daddymade for him out of the sleeve of an old sweater...he's not too keen onthe outdoors yet (he's only been out a few times). He lovessniffing the vacuum cleaner and isn't afraid when it's on, but freaksout hearing dishes clink in the kitchen.

Aren't I so cute?
magnet.jpg

408062776_ORIG.jpg

Can you please let me out and let me play?
408062774_ORIG.jpg

The bunny mansion
408062772_ORIG.jpg

OMG please take this off me and let me back inside!
408062778_ORIG.jpg

The relaxed Magnet
408062775_ORIG.jpg

HPIM0246.jpg

I love to eat everything!
HPIM0240.jpg

408062777_ORIG.jpg

And finally some bunny kisses for daddy!
408062773_ORIG.jpg

Hi, your Magnet is adorable. I love his sweater, very smart idea.

Nice home you built for him. I look forward to seeing many more pictures.

Susan:snowflake:

Magnet is soo adorable I love the first pic ofhim, and the one where he is outside in his sweater andleash. I tried putting one on my rabbit he hated itlol. Looks like you got your self a sweet boy. :)

Yeah, the story behind the sweater is thatpicture is of the first time it was on him. Apparently he wasso confused as to what was going on he didn't move and let it be puton...we haven't tried it on since because it hasn't been that cold toneed it when going outside. The harness has been fought acouple times since then, so I'm sure the sweater will be too.But we got the picture while we could!

Magnet sure is a gorgeous bunny,he has the most cutest little face and he looks SO adorable :inlove:

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of this spunky little guy ;)

cheryl

What a cutie!!! He looks a lot like myFlower, with that kind of stripe and the pattern around theeyes. She was supposed to be a lop, but got stubborn, anddecided that she wanted uppity ears instead. :)

amundb wrote:
Yeah, the story behind the sweater is that picture is of thefirst time it was on him. Apparently he was so confused as towhat was going on he didn't move and let it be put on...we haven'ttried it on since because it hasn't been that cold to need it whengoing outside. The harness has been fought a couple timessince then, so I'm sure the sweater will be too. But we gotthe picture while we could!

Awww poor bunny :(he obviously didnt like the sweater!

Sorry, i dont agree with 'dressing' animals up. especially bunnies.

He is a cutie though :)

he is such a cutie!!!:mrsthumper:

i love the spots on him!!:headflick:

Celine:happybunny:

Ohh i think we need more pictures of this very very handsome guy!

I just love this little guy :inlove:

cheryl

No new pictures, but an escapeattempt! My fiancee usually lets Magnet out for a little bitin the morning while he's taking a shower before he goes towork. Today he didn't, and he got out of the shower and founda bunny sitting on the top of the couch, just staring at the bathroomdoor. How can you be mad with a face like that?Well, he gets home from work tonight, opens the door, and a white blurgoes streaking back into the cage...hmmm. How can a bunnyknock 6 binder clips off the cage, 2 of which wrap all the way aroundthe bars of the NIC cubes? It's a mystery...we're going withhe was actually that determined and we'll have to find some other wayto hold the cage shut for now. Magnet is in bunny prison fortonight, because during his day of freedom, he pooped on the couch, andsomehow managed to get into a corner protected by a fence behind thevacuum cleaner and chewed up the carpet. We have our ownlittle Houdini on our hands.

Magent is really quite a cutie.

As for the escape attempts, I use carabiner clips to hold my cage doorin place. I got mine at target on clearance, but they'rereadily avaliable.

I love the name :bunnydance:! I've never heardof a pet called Magnet before. Remind me to steal it and use it for oneof my animals one day :zoro

He's too cute!:inlove:

Alright, an update on Magnet, the escapingrabbit. Fiancee hasnt gotten around getting different clipsto keep Magnet in the cage, but he's been home for a couple days andMagnet has had free roam (of the room he's allowed to be in.Brian's gone out for hours at a time, and decided to leave Magnetout. A few successful days go by, Magnet has been out andhasn't chewed the carpet, hasn't pooped or peed on the couch, hasn'tdone anything else bad at all. We think he probably justsleeps all day anyways. 3 successful days of thisbehavior. Can anyone guess where this is going?

Yesterday, Brian gets home from work, and Magnet is hiding under thecoffee table. The wireless keyboard is on the floor (where itwasn't when he left in the morning). Upon further inspection,Magnet has apparently gotten behind the cabinet where all the tv stuffis plugged in and gone to town on ALL of the wires backthere. Phone charger, laptop docking station power cord, Xboxpower cord, tv power cord, everything. Phone and laptop cordsare now dead. TV and Xbox cords still work, just chewed on.

Magnet has found the loophole in the law, because any other cord aroundthe room, stuff he doesnt have to go behind anything to chew at, hasnot been chewed on at all. We've told him enough times not tochew on it, so he got the idea. Not once have we told him notto chew on any of the other wires, because we "thought" there was noway he could get back there to chew on it. There's a cornershelf where the tv sits on, with a hole in the back for the cords to godown behind to be plugged in. There's a small end tableunderneath that the xbox and laptop get plugged in, but there's onlyabout 8 inches of space in between the shelf and the table.The table is placed flush against the corner of the room, so it can'tbe accessed from either side. The only way to get to thecords is to get into the 8 inches of space. Guess weunderestimated our little bugger.

Oh, Magnet's just fine btw, a little full from eating all therubber/plastic. He's got his hay now, and is on lockdown inthe cage (held closed by zipties, he hasn't chewed through any of thoseyet). Clips will be purchased asap.

I never saw this blog before, Magnet is adorable! I love this pc:

408062775_ORIG.jpg

Look at that little darling!

Oh, and check out our bunny 101 in the resource center, theres a threadon bunny proofing that has suggestions for covering up wires. Theresthis plastic tubing that works great for covering them. Also, usingthose NIC panels to block off areas works great as well!

Naughty Magnet! But how could you be angry at a face like that? :)

Keep an eye on him to make sure he's eating, drinking, peeing andpooping normally. I hope he didn't ingest much during hischewing rampage.

bunsterlove1969 wrote:
amundb wrote:
Yeah, thestory behind the sweater is that picture is of the first time it was onhim. Apparently he was so confused as to what was going on hedidn't move and let it be put on...we haven't tried it on since becauseit hasn't been that cold to need it when going outside. Theharness has been fought a couple times since then, so I'm sure thesweater will be too. But we got the picture while we could!

Awww poor bunny :(he obviously didnt like the sweater!

Sorry, i dont agree with 'dressing' animals up. especially bunnies.

He is a cutie though :)
Heh. I like it! My dog prances when we put her clothes on.Usally sweaters cause she is so tiny and the temps drop. Sheloves them she drags them over to us so we can put them on.

By the way that is my fave picture.

ohhh, he is sooooo cute!!! i love his ears and the dots on him.

he seems to take that little sweater leash fine, does he?

my bun maomaochiu hates anything put on him :(

Latest posts

Back