MADE THE TREATS

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:kiss:Hi Amy!!

well i got a whole banana and mashed it together

added oats ( not grinded) about a cup or so until its rich

made a lil ball

baked for 25 min at 325

then let them cool off then serve~~ yay ohh you can refridgerate after.

enjoy!!!:popcorn:

JimD wrote:
Here's the modified recipe that I posted for the homemadebunnie brownies....:D:cooking:

Remember, these are treats, so give them sparingly.

1 small carrot, pureed (can substitute apple or pear)
1/2 banana, mashed until really creamy
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup rabbit pellets, ground finely in a coffee grinder
1/4 cup ground oats, ground finely in a coffee grinder

I also add some craisins and raisins. :clap:

Mix pureed carrot, banana, raisins, craisins and honey in a mediumbowl. Add pellet powder and ground oats. Mix untilblended.Put mixture inthrow away aluminum pan (Iuse a meatloafpan..or two, depending on how much you make).Even out to 1/2 thickness. Score with knife in 1/2 squares. Bake at 325degrees for about 30 minutes (check to make sure they are not browningtoo much).

Turn off the heat and let the cookies sit in the warm oven for an hour or so.:waiting:

Enjoy :bunnydance:

:~) Jim

Jim, I made this and the buns LOVE it! Do you think I couldsubstitute pumpkin for the carrots or apples? Would thepumpking lose all of the nutritional value if I cook it? Mybuns won't eat plain pumpkin. Maybe they would eat it if Idisguised it :?

All of y'all'srabbits must be spoiled with all these scrumptioustreats!!:disgust::popcorn::waiter:

But I still have to ask my mom to help me make some!:pLOL!

Ally

PuterGeekGirl wrote:
My son and I may have to try some of these things thisweekend! Specially if they store easily to give later!
The Bunnie Brownies freeze really well.

I take enough treats for the buns and wrap them in saran wrap and thenin foil and then freeze them. I just have to remember to take them outin the morning on the day I plan on giving.

~Jim

Kricket wrote:
Jim, I made this and the buns LOVE it! Do youthink I could substitute pumpkin for the carrots or apples?Would the pumpking lose all of the nutritional value if I cookit? My buns won't eat plain pumpkin. Maybe theywould eat it if I disguised it :?
I would think that pumpkin would work in the recipe.

I'm not sure about if it would lose the benefits. Considering that thepumpkin is processed and canned, I wouldn't think that it would effectit, though.

~Jim

JimD wrote:
This is a quick treat that we give the buns once in a while....

Banana slices, glazed with a bit of honey, rolled in oats, with a raisin and craisin garnish...bunnies say "yummmmm"

HA, just gave them these and they don't know what to think, its likethey are shocked...so far they've licked the goodies off, sure they'lleat the bananas soon.

Making the mashed bananas/oats one now....its in the oven...

Tomorrow..on to bunny brownies!!

Hopefully some of this will fatten Corky up a bit!

The brownies are a hit too!!! Corky is in theplaypen having one..takes a few bites, binkies around for a bit, thencomes back for more!!

Gonna make more cookies and prolly some brownies today too....freezeboth...I gave the last of the cookies to the vet so he could see whathis bunny thought!

wow. those heart shaped ones are really cute! iused thar recipie a few times.. the first time..they came out prettygood. then the 2nd time..they got burned. then the 3rd time..they cameout weird looking... :?

lindathegreatx wrote:
wow. those heart shaped ones are really cute! i used tharrecipie a few times.. the first time..they came out pretty good. thenthe 2nd time..they got burned. then the 3rd time..they came out weirdlooking... :?
Keep trying!!! You'll get it right. ;)

~Jim

Back