Made him a neuter appointment.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Konotashi

Reaction score
Okay, my mom has had an appointment scheduled with this one spay/neuter clinic for about 4 months, and then they called her today to tell her, "Oh, we don't spay or neuter French bulldogs." WHHHAAAAT?! She told them at LEAST six times what breed they were! UGH.
I asked her if she'd have them done at the North Phoenix Spay and Neuter Clinic, which is where I wanted to get Salem neutered, so she called them and it's $60 per dog. (Same price for a rabbit neuter.) The other place was about $210 per puppy!
So I figured out what day/time she scheduled their appointment for and scheduled Salem an appointment at the same time so we could just take them all in one trip.

Next Thursday at about 7:30 a.m.

I'm a little nervous about getting him neutered. They said to make sure he has food and water at all times, but I forgot to ask about the pain meds. >.< I'll call them tomorrow and ask.

Poor little guy. Won't even know what's comin'!

Good luck. It is scary taking your animals in. I think it is great you are calling about the antibiotics tomorrow. Sometimes when you pick them up it is easy to forget those things because you are so happy to see them and how they are doing. This way you will have it all out of the way and know what to expect when you bring them home. Let us know how it goes.

We picked them up about an hour and a half ago. (It was a long drive in traffic.)
It was so sad. All the boys were doped up and just, "Mleehhhhh." They have goop in their eyes.
We got the pain injections for all of them. It was just $11 extra (per animal.)
The total was $210. Not bad for three neuters!

Good luck on the healing process storm was back to nis normal self with in two days hope it goes the same for your boy

I was terrified when we got ours neutered, too. :nerves1 But everything went fine. Kiwi was acting like his normal self after a few hours; Coco after about a day. He wouldn't touch his pellets, but we managed to tempt him with some parsley. The HRS (House Rabbit Society) recommends giving acidophilus (not yogourt, in pill form: just sprinkle a little on their greens).

Ugh! I hate when I have to leave them for something like that. It's always nerve wracking.... regardless of the pet!

Keep us posted and good luck to the sweetie boy!

He's back to normal. His, uh, nuggies are a little crusty, but he's active. I'm a little nervous to let him run around and binky, though.

Latest posts

Back